First long term adventure coming up in April (1 Viewer)

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
Hello we are Pete and Sara from Norfolk both aged 53 we have had a motorhome for four years now and are setting off on our first long term adventure in April this year. All we have booked is a ferry to Santander and will leave the rest to which ever way the mood takes us, having enjoyed three week breaks on the french aires the last two summers
Any advice or top tips would be very welcome

Attachments

• $T2eC16F,!yME9s5qE+fgBQqkii!fT!~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16F,!yME9s5qE+fgBQqkii!fT!~~60_57.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 28

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, we are arriving in April at Santander as well. Our plan is to turn right, explore the north coast and then drop a little way into Portugal to Oporto. Then we will head back into Spain but fit in a trip up and down the Douro Valley by train.
Beyond that the plans are still a bit vague but we will end up on the south coast at some point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
our ferry gets in about 11am and we would like to get a couple of hours away from the port perhaps, do you know of any good aires to aim at ? have you been to Portugal before ?

OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
How long?
we are fortunate in that we don't have a time limit ( met a couple once who had been going for ten years!) anyone know how long you are out of the uk for starts affecting your NHS entitlement etc ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
our ferry gets in about 11am and we would like to get a couple of hours away from the port perhaps, do you know of any good aires to aim at ? have you been to Portugal before ?
If you click on the B next to my username on the left it will take you to my blog. Scroll right to the end of this and in the paragraphs after the aire in Valladolid there are a couple of aires covered on the north coast, including a "secret" one we discovered for ourselves, but these are probably a bit far from Santander for a first stop. We are planning to stop somewhere around San Vincente but I haven't looked where yet.

OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
Brilliant thanks
If you click on the B next to my username on the left it will take you to my blog. Scroll right to the end of this and in the paragraphs after the aire in Valladolid there are a couple of aires covered on the north coast, including a "secret" one we discovered for ourselves, but these are probably a bit far from Santander for a first stop. We are planning to stop somewhere around San Vincente but I haven't looked where yet.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome to the site. We are doing the same as you but have just started our travelling. We left the UK in December and have just arrived in Morocco. Loving the life style so far and looking forward to more. You won't regret it, even if you decide it's not for you in the end.

OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
we have loved the two three week stints in France we have done the last two years, I fancy Morocco do you feel safe there
Welcome to the site. We are doing the same as you but have just started our travelling. We left the UK in December and have just arrived in Morocco. Loving the life style so far and looking forward to more. You won't regret it, even if you decide it's not for you in the end.

and is it warm now ?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
we are fortunate in that we don't have a time limit ( met a couple once who had been going for ten years!) anyone know how long you are out of the uk for starts affecting your NHS entitlement etc ?

we have been travelling in Europe for more than 25 years never more than 6 weeks at a time due to work commitments what I would do is this seeing as your in spain in April with a chance of decent weather: head for spanish Med, tour down to portugal. Morocco? As weather improves tour up west coast across north coast of Spain (wonderful trip have done in reverse)..head for south of france, then either up through germany to scandinavia. Or into Italy - croatia - islands. The choices are infinite and so much to see and do.....

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Hi.
There was discussion about this very recently - see this thread:

Broken Link Removed

It seems legally after 3 months you are not here but how does anyone know was the gist.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
we have loved the two three week stints in France we have done the last two years, I fancy Morocco do you feel safe there and is it warm now ?

Yes and sometimes is the short answer. We have only been here for a day and a half and so far I have seen nothing or experienced anything to make me feel unsafe. We are in the north at the moment and the weather is very changeable when it's cloudy and windy it's cold but as soon as the sun comes out it's lovely and warm.

Check out the Morocco 2015 thread for all the info you will ever need.http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/morocco-2015.94373/

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

Can't help with your queries as we are UK based due to parents not being able to cope with us being "abroad". Yes, I know there are planes etc etc but Dad panics if he thinks I can't get back to him within 12 hours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back