Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Wondered if anyone has researched home alarm that can be viewed on mobile when activated.

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
I have looked at two one by YALE the other from screwfix

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jtp890

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Not sure if I described system too well.
Hoping to have video link to phone , when alarm activated, without bells ringing at home.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Not being funny but isolating bells or siren would be defeating obj
Hoping to have video link to phone , when alarm activated, without bells ringing at home.
Why would you do that??
So you are 50 miles from home and you get an activation on your phone, what are you going to do, drive back at 100mph putting yourself and others in danger? The audible side of the alarm system tends to make intruders run.
There are some systems out there that enable a web link Cctv security cameras, both to just log in and check your property live and when an alarm activation takes place. I'll send you details when i find them, however i personally, would keep the audible side armed for the scare off factor as well as keeping the insurance company sweet. I bet they would have something to say if the unthinkable happened and no one was alerted.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
That's a different story.
My alarm dials me if activated, if I wish I can then view my CCTV on line via the smartphone..... provided I have 3G or wifi.
Both systems are however separate and the alarm does not trigger a video signal.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
What you could look at doing is installing an autodialler to alert you to an activation. You could also install a system such as this which actually sends you an email upon activation..
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221322025853
You would then just need to log in via computer or smart phone to check your property. A recorder is also advantageous in capturing/ retaining footage. :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
What you could look at doing is installing an autodialler to alert you to an activation. You could also install a system such as this which actually sends you an email upon activation..
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221322025853
You would then just need to log in via computer or smart phone to check your property. A recorder is also advantageous in capturing/ retaining footage. :)
You need push email for this notification system to work like K9 (on android) you also may not be able to use a free service like yahoo mail because to many push emails from your system may be catogarised as spam and blocked. I use a paid for service which allows unlimited emails with no spam blocking. You could use a dedicated pc running a programme like camuniversal to manage the ip camera system as the IP cameras themselves are not usually that good at managing alarm zones (at least the cheaper ones anyway). Camuniversal can save pics vids to a hard drive and/or upload them to the cloud and manage an IP camera system much better.
If you want to view your cams over the net you will have to open the relevant ports on your router and if your home broadband IP address is not fixed you need a service like no-ip to be running on the security pc to enable the link to keep working.

Last edited:

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I disabled my automakers as it called if there was blip in mains power or the telephone line, last time it rang I was on a cruise in the med.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
One of our properties has a system similar to what you describe. When activated, an alarm goes off in the house, an operator will then speak through the loudspeaker and demand a password be spoken, a camera is activated and records the feed. If the password is not supplied, the local constabulary are dispatched, and the footage emailed to the key holder.
This is in Portugal, and was supplied by Securitas, I am sure they must have a similar system here in England, being a multi-national company.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back