Fiat ducato 2.8 on ducato 15 chassis (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all.

Has any noticed that if you keep the foot brake on hard then apply the hand brake there is room for more hand brake after you take your foot of the foot brake?

On mine I get another notch on the hand brake after releasing the foot brake!

Doug...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi all.

Has any noticed that if you keep the foot brake on hard then apply the hand brake there is room for more hand brake after you take your foot of the foot brake?

On mine I get another notch on the hand brake after releasing the foot brake!

Doug...

Would this be just to get the handbrake to hold on an incline, or just an observation?

If it were to get the handbrake to hold on an incline, I would be inclined (no pun intended)to have the handbrake adjusted/checked. All the Fiat`s I have had have had a good h/ brake and I have never had to put undue force on to get them to hold..:whatthe:

Now back in the 50`s & 60`s it was a norm to pull the handbrake on a click or two to get a harder footbrake, or for ever scrabbling under neath with a screwdriver to adjust them pesky clicker wheels.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Those were the day`s !!! Do some of you old timers remember them. Eh "Jim"..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Nothing to do with inclines or otherwise, by puting the foot brake on it stops the handbrake going full on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back