Large scale disruption in France on Monday and Tuesday next week (1 Viewer)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
The drivers are calling for a five per cent pay rise, a minimum €10 hourly wage and a 13th month's pay at the end of each year.

I can understand a pay rise and a minimum wage, but are there 13 months in the French calendar?

Bloody ridiculous, if you want a bonus call it a bloody bonus, but don't forget to earn it first.

Hymie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If its good enough for the goose good enough for the gander. Bankers and the rest have no problem paying themselves extortionate bonuses! At least truckers doing something useful. Even though a lot of freight should be going by rail in this day and age :(

Sooty 10

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Nelson, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
c Class
Exp
Since 1999.
As far as I can remember, when we lived in Spain the caretaker/ gardener of the complex used to get 14 months pay. He recieved an extra months pay at Christmas and also mid summer. Not sure if it is so now but it was in the 90s.

Keith (sooty)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
They to are suffering from cheaper East European haulage taking thier work, so do not think they will get more money.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
but are there 13 months in the French calendar?

maybe not as daft as it sounds..there are in fact thirteen 'four week' months in a year ..

I've worked for two companies who paid double at Christmas to make up for the non-paid days in the year.

and as already said.. why should it just be bankers and fat cats who get a lick of cream ..

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
A trucker has a lot of responsibility driving a 44 ton wagon down the road and the pay is crap compared to some low skilled jobs,and they cannot earn extra due to EU driving reg and working time directive.
and i believe for safety reasons alone should be able to retire at 60.a dead trucker behind the wheel can kill alot of others.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
In Holland truck drivers used to retire at 60 , not know if this is still the case. Hard to imagine that a 67 year old doing a 15 hr day will be fully alert, as 67 is the age they have raised the retirement to .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As far as I can remember, when we lived in Spain the caretaker/ gardener of the complex used to get 14 months pay. He recieved an extra months pay at Christmas and also mid summer. Not sure if it is so now but it was in the 90s.

Keith (sooty)

Yep,still the same if you have a job with a 'permanent 'contract. That's the catch, getting one of them in the private sector ! More chance of winning lottery.

They to are suffering from cheaper East European haulage taking thier work, so do not think they will get more money.

Yes , my neighbour's boy is an international driver , self-employed only because he has never managed to get a job with a contract & he said recently that the local vegetable plant now employs only 6 spanish contractors. The rest are east -european with many being Russian units.

Even though a lot of freight should be going by rail in this day and age :(

True but we haven't got any train lines here ! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back