Do I have to re download the App to match 2015 details

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Think you have to pay for it again as well, I'm not going to bother this time as never used it last year, just followed the book.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Same here
I did find the disk very handy but have not replaced it for the last two years to be honest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The rehctub
Sep 20, 2014
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
Suppose that makes sense
Thanks
Gordon

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I downloaded the 2015 ACSI app to my iPhone and iPad and found it to be extremely good.

You do not have to pay full price you just pay £2.82 which is the ACSI ID price. I havn't received the ID card. So easy to use and you do not have to have Internet access and you don't have to search in the book. So quick and so easy with all the information that you want, including directions.
Give it a try, you won't be dissapointment. (y)

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Best of all it integrates with your sat nav. Select a site and click on "routing" and it shows the site location on your sat nav and if you have a GPS fix you can get a route to it. I think that is the way to go for all these camping Apps you can now get.
Ezee

Reactions: SMB

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
You have to go to the ACSI web page for the Discount card and put in your Discount code from off your ACSI discount card then go back and try it.
Ezee

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
If you already have the 2014 app installed, unfortunately it appears you cannot use the same maps with the 2015 app so you have to download them again which is a pain (at least I couldn't find a way to do it). Uninstall the old app as well as its just wasting a lot of space.

Ps just tried using the app to set the destination on my Copilot satnav app, works well.

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We just use the book and put the coordinates in our cheapy Garmin. Did buy the disc and load on to the laptop about 3 years ago haven't bought one since thought it would be handy for route planning. However we don't plan much and I find it a very slow and clumsy system so never bother with it.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
oops

Last edited:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Logged on to the ACSI site went through the payment process and downloaded of the app but now get the message Sorry something went wrong! That's the message I get when I enter my username and password. Does anyone else have to enter their ACSI log on details because if you do it is not a system you can use off line. Will contact them tomorrow and see what went wrong.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I can't get the damn thing to work, put all my details and payment in but just sits there spinning.

I like the app because you can contact the sites from it to check price and availability and book a pitch from wherever you are.

Hymie.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Logged on to the ACSI site went through the payment process and downloaded of the app but now get the message Sorry something went wrong! That's the message I get when I enter my username and password. Does anyone else have to enter their ACSI log on details because if you do it is not a system you can use off line. Will contact them tomorrow and see what went wrong.
I'm having the same problem, trying to log in to the app.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Click on this link

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/extra-information/app/

Then put the code from the acsi card as shown here:-

5486ba265a0e5.jpeg

This is how you buy the app:
  1. Take the device on which you want to install the app.
  2. Open Google Play or the Apple App Store on that device.
  3. Search for 'campingcard acsi'. Download 'CampingCard ACSI Campings' on your device.*

You don’t have to pay to download the app. But in order to use the campsite information you first need to buy ‘access’.

4. Fill in your personal purchase code below. You will find the purchase code on the discount card.
  5. You will be forwarded automatically to the order form.
  6. Use your My ACSI Account or create an account to 'get access'.
  7. Open the app and log in with your My ACSI Account.
Enter your code

Hope this helps.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Just spoke with them and they seem to think that unless I get an email conformation the order has not gone through, will try the details again. Whilst I was on I broached the subject of a CSV file to enable the details to be used in other devices and she stated quite clearly that they had changed web hosts and they will not be releasing these details because they no longer hold them.

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi downloaded app yesterday and after first try not working re installed it. It then askes you to log in using your asci account details. All working now and all maps/countries downloaded. you will need about 1 gig of space to fully install all countries. Dont need to take my book now so a bonus.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013

When opening the app for the first time I had to enter my login details and had the same result, the spinning circle etc. I closed the app and tried again, it works fine now. I have also installed the app on my spare phone and tablet without problem, didn't need to purchase the apps again so you must be allowed to install it on several devices.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Are you guys d/l'ing the app on android?

This is what I get when I try to d/l on my iPad or macbook.

>>>>Take note: The new ACSI Europe app 2015, with the most up-to-date campsite information, is not available at the moment.

We expect the app to be available for download via Google Play and the Apple App Store at the end of January. The new packages can be used for up to 1 year after purchase.<<<<

Managed to fill out the payment details but it just sits there with the timer spinning.

Hymie.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Spoke to them three times yesterday. Got an email today saying problems were now sorted out and all should be well now. Will try again tomorrow.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
All loaded and working on the phone, looks like it is real easy to use and the offline data is very clear and it gives the site number in the ACSI book if you want to read it. Still trying to work out if it will route there using the Tomtom android phone app. It suggests it does but not quite got the setting right yet. The turning point seemed to be when the email reply came confirming the purchase.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I tried to get the app on Sunday but had the same trouble at the payment section. Just tried now and had no trouble at all (y)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Best of all it integrates with your sat nav. Select a site and click on "routing" and it shows the site location on your sat nav and if you have a GPS fix you can get a route to it. I think that is the way to go for all these camping Apps you can now get.
Ezee

How does this work exactly?

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
When trying on my iPad to get directions to a camp on th Acsi App, it is taking me to the Apple Map but not to the SatNav that I have on the iPad.
Anyone know how to change it to show on the CoPilot App?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back