motorhome windows (1 Viewer)

seariderab

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Funster No
hi yesterday in the high wind motorhome on drive the small window in the luton was blown off it separated leaving inside bit intact the dark outercover was on garden any body know firms what make windows up if i take it out and post to them thanks

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
What make of motorhome is it? Is there a number etched on the window itself which can identify it.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
What he said but Motorhome window are usually made by a company called Seitz.

Hope this helps.....Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

seariderab

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Funster No
hi the windows are made by roxite based tn holland bessacar 625 model 2000 thanks all

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Try O Learys in Hull - they don't make them - but usually have second hand and new windows - Internet based company for all motor home spares
We got a new Heki from them when ours was left open and mysteriously Blew Off!

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Can't the two pieces just be bonded back together? As I understand it, they are not constructed in the same way as domestic double glazing, ie vacuum or gas filled.
Maybe if the outer is undamaged it can just be rebonded, with the correct adhesive.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try O Learys in Hull - they don't make them - but usually have second hand and new windows - Internet based company for all motor home spares
Just to correct this AFAIK they do NOT sell second hand parts, they may be old stock from dealers that have gone kaput etc but NOT second hand!

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Just to correct this AFAIK they do NOT sell second hand parts, they may be old stock from dealers that have gone kaput etc but NOT second hand!
This reply from MinxyGirl could be seen to be offensive to what was a genuine response - To get this kind of response to a post that is several weeks old - and was a helpful suggestion to try - seems a bit odd. We have bought a second hand window from them in the past and did not realise they no longer sell them - Capital letters are to mean shouting I thought? I have no idea what AFAIK means?

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
AFAIK = as far as I know...
General Internet shorthand not specific to this forum...

Upper case = shouting in sentences and emphasis on single words

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This reply from MinxyGirl could be seen to be offensive to what was a genuine response - To get this kind of response to a post that is several weeks old - and was a helpful suggestion to try - seems a bit odd. We have bought a second hand window from them in the past and did not realise they no longer sell them - Capital letters are to mean shouting I thought? I have no idea what AFAIK means?
Not sure why you have suggesting my posting could cause offence - I was stressing the word NOT, not actually shouting, if it had put the whole of the sentence in capitals then that would have been shouting.

The reason I was stressing that they do NOT sell second hand parts is because Russ was adamant that they didn't when I did an interview with him when writing an article for a magazine about them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
AFAIK = as far as I know...
General Internet shorthand not specific to this forum...

Upper case = shouting in sentences and emphasis on single words
As above not necessarily shouting, just emphasising a word(s).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just to add to this, although O'Leary have a website the vast majority of their stock is not on it so if you want something specific it is best to ring them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back