Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
After having read blogs and websites about skiing in the motorhome, it seems a few advocate wearing lots of layers and wearing hats in bed at night!
We have never felt the need to! We even sleep with a window open to keep condensation at bay.
We have a normal duvet on the bed and when we are up, it is feet in socks and T-shirts.
We keep the heating at a constant 20-22 degrees.

Are we alone in the level of comfort we expect from our van in Alpine conditions?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
After having read blogs and websites about skiing in the motorhome, it seems a few advocate wearing lots of layers and wearing hats in bed at night!
We have never felt the need to! We even sleep with a window open to keep condensation at bay.
We have a normal duvet on the bed and when we are up, it is feet in socks and T-shirts.
We keep the heating at a constant 20-22 degrees.

Are we alone in the level of comfort we expect from our van in Alpine conditions?
It depends if you are able to sustain that level of comfort or not! If I was staying on a site with inclusive electric then yes I'd keep the heating on but for wild camping/aires with no power source other than our own gas and solar power obviously keeping the heating on causes problems regarding getting gas if you don't want to move every 2-3 days to top up.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We maintain that sort of comfort off hookup for nearly 2 weeks with just moves to the service point.

It must be the diesel heater! You know, the one which cost a fortune to run and flattens your batteries in 2 hours!

Also, turning the heating off isn't an option if you want to keep your water system functional!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back