LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Our hymer table has suffered some damage (previous owner said a book fell on it)

Anyone know if these laminate particleboard tables can be repaired?

Where could I get a replacement.

It's in an awkward place in terms of sticking a placemat or coaster on top etc.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
My wife has just done something similar to our dining table with a tin of spam. I am intending to fix it with coloured wood filler and a scraperblade to smooth the finish. Will let you know if I make a total pigs ear of the job. Doing it this weekend.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We had a tin fall out of a cupboard onto the worktop and used this company Broken Link Removed

You couldn't see the repair afterwards and was £80. We were very pleased.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife has just done something similar to our dining table with a tin of spam. I am intending to fix it with coloured wood filler and a scraperblade to smooth the finish. Will let you know if I make a total pigs ear of the job. Doing it this weekend.

Any reference to pigs or pork is to be avoided please.

It upsets people

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Not to mention spam, that's probly got horse, fish, dog and most other unedible stuff you can think of in it(y)

And to appease the forum police:p It does depend on how big the damage is and colour, but there are plenty of kitchen worktop repair kits or wood repair kits about and If it were not to big I would try a bit of DIYDIY(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Our hymer table has suffered some damage (previous owner said a book fell on it)

Anyone know if these laminate particleboard tables can be repaired?

Where could I get a replacement.

It's in an awkward place in terms of sticking a placemat or coaster on top etc.
It might be worth contacting one of the motorhome dealers to see who they use. Our Pilote was an ex show vehicle and we pointed out a few scuff marks by the TV bracket where people had tried to force it. They were gone when we collected the van. Certainly a job not for a home made repair. Hope that helps

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
In an attempt to divert the conversation away from Spam, this is the kind of thing I will be using:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
that's probly got horse, fish, dog and most other unedible stuff you can think of in it
GO and wash your mouth out at once with STRONG DETTOL! :eek::eek: Without SPAM, Europe would never have been liberated from the Nazis, people of great poorness would have starved in the streets! And Hymer tables would remain undamaged, causing huge unemployment within the *FUN* silly old man DIY Dept. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This has definitely been solved on here a while ago, try some searching.
Brian...........Dont really know how to say this, but............That's a bit BORING! :( I thought, (following your FISH post of last week), that somehow you may have developed a sense of humour. ;) Been awaiting another funny from you ever since. :) Whoever was tickling you at the time, will they do it again?? (y)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Just to clarify, I used to be a slaughterman and now I do kitchen worktops but only marble and granite so do have a little experience in both:p

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
GO and wash your mouth out at once with STRONG DETTOL! :eek::eek: Without SPAM, Europe would never have been liberated from the Nazis, people of great poorness would have starved in the streets! And Hymer tables would remain undamaged, causing huge unemployment within the *FUN* silly old man DIY Dept. :)

We shoulda sent it over to the Nazies, they would have surrendered without a fight:confused:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can I just apologise to Mousey for subjecting you to the horrors of Sp*m, it might actually be a better filler than food:confused:
Your right again!! Fills you up a treat. (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No only sheep, cattle, horse, dog, cat, pig and last but NOT least
..........................aquatic beings? (just in case the resident PC brigade pop off).

Er, you any-good with really tough mother in laws?? o_O

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian...........Dont really know how to say this, but............That's a bit BORING! :(

You don't ask much do you !

A joke about a Hymer table damaged by a book.

Ah yes. Maybe the book was the Koran.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back