Jan 13, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Hi all

New to the site so be gentle.

Looking to buy first MH and have looked at the above.

It's the 6 berth one with large u shaped lounge.

Priced at £26000 on a 2006 plate with only 14k miles

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Is it the one in Bradford? Looks very nice and clean, it's the sort of layout I like. I assume it's for more than 2 of you to use? It would be too long for us, the dinette seating being superfluous but for a family looks ideal. Looks like a hell of an overhang though. How much storage is there?
Don't know how experienced you are at this game but pay attention to stuff on here about adequate habitation checks, damp etc.
Oh, and welcome!

Upvote 0
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hello mate, the Swift Suntor is a dealer special (Brownhills) of the Swift Sundance, we, ve had ours 7 years and love it, there was a problem with 2006/7 models concerning water ingress to the floor under the van, most(floors) including ours was replaced FOC by Swift so when you check it out make sure you get under van and give it a good poke, and ask the seller has it had any work done to it,

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think "suntor" was a brand used by one of the dealers (Brownhills) so really its the same as a Sundance.
Damp floors are often mentioned with this brand and around that year, so maybe paying for an independant check could be worthwhile. You dont say if it's a dealer or private sale.
£26,000 sounds top money to me... Look around at similar vans and see what they are fetching...
Van layout is ideal for family, it's same as my Autotrail apache 700.
Make sure you have a license to drive it as it will be over 3500kg.

There are going to be a lot of vans coming for sale over the next few months, so dont rush. Find a layout you like, do some research and you have already found one of the best sources of info here on MHF..

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think "suntor" was a brand used by one of the dealers (Brownhills) so really its the same as a Sundance.
Damp floors are often mentioned with this brand and around that year, so maybe paying for an independant check could be worthwhile. You dont say if it's a dealer or private sale.
£26,000 sounds top money to me... Look around at similar vans and see what they are fetching...
Van layout is ideal for family, it's same as my Autotrail apache 700.
Make sure you have a license to drive it as it will be over 3500kg.

There are going to be a lot of vans coming for sale over the next few months, so dont rush. Find a layout you like, do some research and you have already found one of the best sources of info here on MHF..

AH..... Beaten by Gloworm ...... Same advise, so has to be good info. :)

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have a 2007 Sundance and love it.

We had the "floor" problem when we purchased it but it was fixed free of charge by the dealer. No problems since.

We have visited France, Spain, Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in the last twelve months as well as many places in UK.

Regularly average 30mpg on trip computer when driving steadily.

Enjoy your Suntor and welcome to the M/H fraternity.:)

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Make sure you check the weight plate and V5 are correct. we looked at a couple that were plated 3500kg which wouldnt be able to cope with passengers.

Upvote 0
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The gross weight of ours is 4005kg, never had 30 mpg, average around 24/25 with the wind behind us,
like Tonka said probably top end on price good piont they do have 6 seat belts.

Eric.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'd say , just my opinion, that £26000 is way over the top for a 06 swift , why has it got low milage, has it been off the road a lot , in dealers forecourts, just standing getting wet and rot.
They are ok if been looked after, but you got to give it a good checking out, and remember it's going to have another name in the log book and it's still a swift when you come to sell it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Smooth

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Thanks all for the comments. Really helpful.

Just some answers. Firstly yes it's the one in Bradford. At the moment we are trying to look around as many as possible. Mainly to work out the exact layout.

We are planing on touring Euro for 3 months and then finishing in Crete where we live in the MH for approx 6 months.

This creates its own problems because there is only me and the wife who will be touring but then we will have family staying with us in Crete. We have looked at quite a few layouts at the moment but every time we look we seem to settle on a different one to what we decided the last time we looked.

We started wanting an overhead cab with the long settees. We then looked at the fixed bed lay out with the long settees at the front. We do quite like the layout in the sun tour however I'm now starting to think that the same layout but only a 4 berth would be adequate. So long settees at the back but with overhead cab too. However there doesn't seem to many of these around at the moment.

Our budget is around the 25k amount so any further advise or comments would be very grateful.

Again that is for the welcome and for all your comments so far.

Cheers

Upvote 0

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
We have spent the last three years looking and changing our mind about what we wanted for layout and main features.
We previously bought an overcab (c class) with rear U shaped lounge, but got well fed up of making the rear lounge into a bed.
We went from having a c class, to wanting an a class to thinking we will get a much newer c class for our money to settling for an a class which is beyond what we could have wished for, and pick it up on Sat (fingers crossed).

Theres a few shows coming up so plenty to look at.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Will it just be the two of you traveling and family meeting up? When we were looking we were told that the UK built vans with rear side facing seats don't often have belts fitted and that you have to have belts to travel in the rear on the continent (I could be corrected on this but was told by a dealer while we were looking at said vans with no belts).

Smooth, where in the great city are you from?

Upvote 0
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Will it just be the two of you traveling and family meeting up? When we were looking we were told that the UK built vans with rear side facing seats don't often have belts fitted and that you have to have belts to travel in the rear on the continent (I could be corrected on this but was told by a dealer while we were looking at said vans with no belts).

Smooth, where in the great city are you from?
Already stated, suntor 630L has 6 seat belts,
Eric

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Check the payload, and as previously said, there will be lots coming up onto the market soon, but they usually ask top dollar

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back