Should it be scrapped. (1 Viewer)

Ed Earl

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2010
Funster No
Reading about the sad demise of JJ,s Black Beast, just seems wrong for it to go to the Scrap Yard In The Sky ,
As it holds some unusual memories for me, I remember movan ( Joy) disappeared in it and came out muttering things about FRAY BENTOS and vegetarians, then my Carol went in and came out wearing yellow rubber gloves and carrying a brush, with a strange look on her face.

Then of course there is Yodeli (Frankie) disappeared in side went in as a Frog and came out as a Princess speaking French.

A couple of ideas for future use of this magnificent Beast

Chicken Coup at QMJ
Static Luxury Experience at Jim's Ranch
Fray Bentos Marketing Van.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Now now, the last time I was in JJ's current ride it was immaculate, in fact he was fitting new locks and everything as it was an obvious target for thieves wanting to sample such a fine vehicle. Thats a pint you owe me big man..

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Never having seen said vehicle but it's fame is spread far and wide perhaps it should be offered as a sacrifice to the great FB factory to make pie tins out of it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
can it not be used as the funsters stall at rallys can u imagine the type that would flock to the van maybe just to see the imfamous jj :whistle:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
For those who have not yet seen this Stealth Vehicle , the places it has visited the story's it could tell the notes it has heard (JJ watching Man City). I think it must be a piece of Fun history.

image.jpg

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I think JJ has already got it earmarked as a lawnmower shed @QMJ a more fitting end than the scrappy ;)
terry

Reactions: JJ

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, Ed.... I have photographic proof that JJ DID clean his van despite all rumours to the contrary... :) What a brilliant weekend this was .. remember?

Broken Link Removed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Eddie ... be careful .... :( The caption to the photo that Jim took of JJ was ...#Any more of that and I'll stick your camera where the sun don't shine.' :) :)

We should all be afraid... :)

Broken Link Removed

Reactions: GJH
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Did it ever get scrapped or still sitting pretty as a lawnmower shed at QMJ........:cool:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
remember being at a show parked next to jj chatting to him as he was working on inside of van making a base unit in 2009 did he ever finish it

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
remember being at a show parked next to jj chatting to him as he was working on inside of van making a base unit in 2009 did he ever finish it

Only JJ knows the answer to that ... no-one allowed inside .. it was sacrosanct ... @Carol and I offered to clean it for him and he had us
Exorcised!!!!!!:Eeek:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Cripey Cripes...

I have no idea how I managed to miss this thread back in Jan 2015...

It is a tad spooky because, only yesterday, I moved some stuff out of its door way and climbed in, searching for my coffee making thingy.

I found moutains of stuff I had forgotten I had.

It is a bit of a shame really because the Black Beast's running gear was in ace condition and it is packed with goodies including...

Smev cooker, grill and oven.
Malaga 3e water heater.
Air bag assisted suspension.
Cruise control.
B2B battery wotsit.
Gaslow system.
Twin water tanks.
Dead locks all around.

If anyone has an old (1996) LHD Iveco Turbo Daily based motorhome, then there are many, many good condition parts just sitting here waiting for them...

It is currently used as a mains power station as well as a shed, because its two remaining solar panels charge an old battery connected to an inverter. This supplies leccy to my pool water pump and compressor fridge.

It is also a 5 star hotel for local mice in the winter and a couple of wasp families in the summer (although I think the latter got cooked in the fires.)

I have just gone all wobbly and dreamy remembering the many, many good times I had in the Beast... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I wish I could have seen 'the beast ' live the pics of when it was in full use. Did you get the hymer the same time?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wish I could have seen 'the beast ' live the pics of when it was in full use. Did you get the hymer the same time?

No, no.

I lived in the Beast for 8 years before buying the Hymer for posh weekends away...

Then the Hymer came to Portugal to keep away from horrid winters and salty roads.

Pop in to QMJ and you can have a photo standing by it!

JJ :cool:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Looks like we'll be visiting this year, ferry 3rd Oct, QMJ better get ready! @JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back