Door restrictor damaged in the gales (1 Viewer)

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
opened the door to let the dog out and a gust of wind whipped the door out of my hand and has broken the top restrictor on my Bailey 760
Anyone know how easy they are to repair /replace from what I can see by torch it seems to be held to the door by pop rivets but will try and have a closer look in the morning

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Can't help I'm afraid but my sister has a similar problem - restrictor has been bent. She is hoping to get it replaced so will be interested to see how you get on.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
opened the door to let the dog out and a gust of wind whipped the door out of my hand and has broken the top restrictor on my Bailey 760
Anyone know how easy they are to repair /replace from what I can see by torch it seems to be held to the door by pop rivets but will try and have a closer look in the morning
It might be the same door restricter I replaced on ours. I posted instructions here:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bolero-habitation-door-restraint-help.82114/#post-968727

A few photos here:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bolero-habitation-door-restraint-help.82114/#post-968738

Swift part number is 9826124 - about £20 from Johns Cross, and 5 - 10 minutes of your time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Gizmouk
Looks to be fairly straight forward or you make it look simple !!! , just had a look on Bailey website and new restrictor is £20 plus postage and I've a few others bits and pieces to order up so looks like a job for next weekend
Thanks again for your help

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
It's a dead easy job.
The only bit I would add to the instructions is to put a spot of thread lock on the end end of the screw - otherwise it works it's lose.
If I remember rightly, I got the thread lock from Amazon

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just read through Gizmouk's whole thread, it is great when a problem is addressed and fixed so quickly on here, same happened in that link as well

First thought is I need a new door, then calm down, revisit, ask on here and £20 fixes it (y)

Still be nicer if it hadn't happened, but how much worse might it have been :)

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Well just glad its only the restrictor that got damaged last night, didn't get much sleep as was buffeted something terrible and the rain just battered the van at one point I considered moving to behind the toilet block but that ment driving side on to the game for about 300 yards so just sat tight
Still blowing a gale so not sure if going on or going home at the moment

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It's a dead easy job.
The only bit I would add to the instructions is to put a spot of thread lock on the end end of the screw - otherwise it works it's lose.
If I remember rightly, I got the thread lock from Amazon

I have used nail varnish as a thread lock for almost all applications for donkeys years ! ;)

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Well decided to travel down to Glencoe and park up at Invercoe Campsite right on the side of the Loch with great views (during the day so well worth it if coming up this way) but guess what it's blowing a gale again and heavy sleet at the moment so looks like another sleepless night
Maybe a few large malts will help !!!!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Glad you are sorted too, I had my own door issue today, apart from needing the site owner to push it closed as I couldn't pull it from inside

The bolt was catching the frame, so I being technically useless presume the door is twisted or broken or something similarly expensive, anyway in fiddling with the bolt trying to push it in, it was loose. I now know it is threaded and had simply started to undo, did it back up again and mended for free and by my own hand (y) door shuts perfectly

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back