Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi all,
Any one know of a good quality extending wash brush, I have had 4 different makes and all of them start leaking from the joints, or the push on hose connector breaks. fed up with water running up the arms.
Thanks in advance, Frankie

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi Frankie,
after a few I 'splashed out' and bought this one - it's been brilliant. I would recommend removing the plastic hose coupler and fitting a metal/brass one straight away - got my coupler from B&Q for a few quid. This brush does not leak at any length and the coupler wont break now.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Seale...870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item563f6427de
Hope it helps.

Trikeman. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Never bother with the hose just a bucket and the brush, connect a hose to it and it becomes very awkward to use. IMO

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Frankie,
after a few I 'splashed out' and bought this one - it's been brilliant. I would recommend removing the plastic hose coupler and fitting a metal/brass one straight away - got my coupler from B&Q for a few quid. This brush does not leak at any length and the coupler wont break now.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Seale...870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item563f6427de
Hope it helps.

Trikeman. (y)

We have one of those and they really are excellent.. Shame is, woman will not let ME use it for the MH as she says I will break it cos I am too heavy handed ( yet apparently I am not too heavy handed to use it on the house windows LOL !! )

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We have one of those and they really are excellent.. Shame is, woman will not let ME use it for the MH as she says I will break it cos I am too heavy handed ( yet apparently I am not too heavy handed to use it on the house windows LOL !! )

Tis good for the upstairs windows too,,,,,, I enjoy seeing the other half swinging it about at will.:LOL::LOL:

Trikeman. (y)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks to the OP for raising this.....
Is there any way to stop my existing one from leaking? It wasn't a cheap one either! The hose coupling is not the problem, it leaks from the head (wind on some PTFE perhaps???) and it leaks from the middle telescopic union. Are there 'O' rings on the shaft? If so, are they get-at-able?
I find the hose attachment useful; saves reaching from the ladder, dipping in a bucket and then losing half the water before it gets onto the roof!

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Hi all,
Any one know of a good quality extending wash brush, I have had 4 different makes and all of them start leaking from the joints, or the push on hose connector breaks. fed up with water running up the arms.
Thanks in advance, Frankie
No, but I love your dog!

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Thanks to the OP for raising this.....
Is there any way to stop my existing one from leaking? It wasn't a cheap one either! The hose coupling is not the problem, it leaks from the head (wind on some PTFE perhaps???) and it leaks from the middle telescopic union. Are there 'O' rings on the shaft? If so, are they get-at-able?
I find the hose attachment useful; saves reaching from the ladder, dipping in a bucket and then losing half the water before it gets onto the roof!

Have tried ptfe and replacing o rings but never lasted long. Have tried to make one good brush out of the 4 ive got but wasn't successful. Now dipping in bucket like you till I find a replacement.

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have a Maplin one I saw in the doorway, was about £10. It's not bad but does leak a bit.

Love the dog, always wanted a GSD :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back