Rather Sad Day For Me Today... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I bought the Black Beast in 2000 and started converting it.

As soon as I had built the bed and fitted the designed and especially built shower tray (out of chequer plate) I moved into it.

It was my home for over 8 years and I covered over 100,000 kms in him.

Today I started "decommissioning" the van.

In it are so very, very many things and so many memories...

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not "trashing" it, Jim... reassigning it's equipment...

Anyone with an Iveco Turbo Daily (1996) ought to get over here a pick up some bargain spares!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not "trashing" it, Jim... reassigning it's equipment...

Anyone with an Iveco Turbo Daily (1996) ought to get over here a pick up some bargain spares!

JJ does this mean now that you have your beautiful Hymer that the Black Beast will be no more . (will never forget we were sat down outside the beast at Stratford) when a woman goes past and openly stares rudely at your pride and joy and you informed her in a very loud voice that it was not a old black van with a fingerprint on the side, but a luxury custom built motorhome, the look on her face was priceless. :D

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A photo of the amazing parquet will be arranged in due course but today's mission was to transfer over the Sony Mex HD Audio Library System complete with Bose Speakers (4) and (passive) sound system...

20150111_161702.jpg

I know, I know... they look a bit grubby but please rest assured they will polish up well and they sound BRILLIANT.

Progress might be held up a little tomorrow because a delivery is expected (if all has gone well for Geordie William and Irene...)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have no doubt it's worth more in parts than as a van JJ :(May I enquire What are you putting the parts into ?
I am on the lookout for a van for myself to stick all my bits into ;) Just cannot make my mind up which way to go van wise :)It will be a sad day when I let the Ambulance go -lots of memory's with Ann and all that
terry

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ does this mean now that you have your beautiful Hymer that the Black Beast will be no more .

I am afraid so Carol.

The cost of re-registering here in Portugal was prohibitive given that most of it's value is in the equipment and not the van.

Some of this (solar panels, sound system, Aqua Pure etc) will go into the Hymer and some (air rides, little genny, batteries and mains charger etc) might find a new home in the South of France... (y)

Trust me... nothing will be wasted...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I take it you are not replacing the Black Beast then JJ
terry

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well Terry, the Iveco has a practically brand clutch, an excellent engine and gearbox etc etc... Sheriff (Funster John of Sennybridge fame) knows this vehicle well, as a couple of years ago he worked on it a lot. There are posts all about it somewhere.

At the moment my options are open but, knowing me and my laziness, I will probably sell it for very little to the local scrapyard.

Of course it could become a Shed at QMJ!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Stick it on QMJ as the shed -you can always get a few hundred quid for the engine -Scrappy will only give you a hundred if you are lucky ;)It's not costing owt to feed (y):D
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
News Flash
the RSPCA are sending a rep out to access how many homes are required to rehouse the extensive unique forms of wildlife that up until now have resided in their own haven. They are looking forward to a new found freedom after being under the thumb for 14 years.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Stick it on QMJ as the shed -you can always get a few hundred quid for the engine -Scrappy will only give you a hundred if you are lucky ;)It's not costing owt to feed (y):D
terry
a good garage for a ride on mower and other grass cutting equipment.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
JJ, you need to have a chat with me if it is going to the scrappy... :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!