LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Finally got round to a photo of the new mode of transport. It has one slide with the couch and fridge freezer and towed by a Dodge Ram 1500 with 200litre LPG tank. Herself loves it, but am not quite sure about it yet. It is a handy size for touring and just about big enough for long terming.
Fifth wheel 002.JPG

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Finally got round to a photo of the new mode of transport. It has one slide with the couch and fridge freezer and towed by a Dodge Ram 1500 with 200litre LPG tank. Herself loves it, but am not quite sure about it yet. It is a handy size for touring and just about big enough for long terming.View attachment 51417

Wow!.............................'handy size for touring' love it!(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Looks good Dave be interesting to see how you get on with it. It does look nice and spacious, will make a nice winter quarters. (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
looks solid...smaller then I imagined, but a nice practical touring rig I would think. truck pictures plse:LOL:

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Nice rig.. but if I'm honest Dave.. don't understand why you sold the RMB and trailer.. it was a dream outfit..

I think the 5er will only be an interlude..

Thsts what I was thinking but didn't like to say

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Very nice looking rig Dave.hope you enjoy it as much as your RMB(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
To help with the odds of how long I will keep it. I fetched the cart part on Sunday morning last, although I had been using the donkey part since before Christmas. As I was putting the cart on my pitch there were 4 Belgians watching my excellent driving and manoeuvring skills. I was levelling the thing whilst pat was carrying stuff from the RMB. The next thing, one of the Belgians came over and said he had a Ram in Belgium and would love a fifth wheel. I wont repeat what Pat said when I told her to stop what she was doing, as I think I have sold it. At that point I had owned it for all of 30 minutes.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So what's next Dave -I'll put my tool box away :D(y)
terry

Your guess is as good as mine Terry. I wasn't looking for the fiver, it just came along at the right money. What I can say is though, it will have to be something very special after owning two RMBs.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That's where I am at the moment Dave -looking for something at the right money ;)
Got my eye on a 2008 Crafter ambulance but it's done 300k -does not bother me but I am thinking of who else would buy a van with that mileage come selling time - then I keep coming back to a Ducato type van and yet again how new do I go ?If I bought new I am into the unknown come sale time -how much could I get for it /how much would someone pay for it -If I stick to a budget of selling around 15/18k I may find more buyers -who knows ? so I will wait until something jumps out at me
terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That's where I am at the moment Dave -looking for something at the right money ;)
Got my eye on a 2008 Crafter ambulance but it's done 300k -does not bother me but I am thinking of who else would buy a van with that mileage come selling time - then I keep coming back to a Ducato type van and yet again how new do I go ?If I bought new I am into the unknown come sale time -how much could I get for it /how much would someone pay for it -If I stick to a budget of selling around 15/18k I may find more buyers -who knows ? so I will wait until something jumps out at me
terry

I find that there are two kinds of motorhome buyers. There are the ones that must have a recent number plate, and then the other kind that must have twin rear wheel drive, a large garage and quality fittings. The ones that must have the recent number plate go to a dealer. The ones that appreciate quality will buy from anyone if the price is right and its what they want, regardless of age or mileage. Myself, I would always prefer an old Rolex to a new Timex.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back