Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
ScotJimland submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

60 YEARS. Anniversary Model

The American Standard Stratocaster is the same great best-selling, go-to guitar it has always been, and now it’s upgraded with aged plastic parts and full-sounding Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s pickups. The latest iteration of Fender’s time-honoured classic, it is the very essence of Strat tone and remains a beauty to see, hear and feel.

The iconic Fender American Standard Stratocaster with Custom Shop Fat 50s pick-ups!

• Body: Alder
  • Body Finish: Urethane
  • Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
  • Number of Frets: 22
  • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
  • Position Inlays: Black Dot
  • Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Finish: Rosewood Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard
  • Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
  • Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt™
  • Truss Rods: Bi-Flex™ Truss Rod System
  • Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series Nut
  • Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Strat® Pickup (Bridge)
  • Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Strat® Pickup (Middle)
  • Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Strat® Pickup (Neck)
  • Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
  • Position 1. Bridge Pickup
  • Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
  • Position 3. Middle Pickup
  • Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
  • Position 5. Neck Pickup
  • Special Electronics: No-Load Tone Control
  • Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
  • Hardware Finish: Chrome
  • Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style Bent Steel Saddles
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Switch Tips: Aged White
  • Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen) Wrench
  • Unique Features:
  • New Bent Steel Saddles with Elongated String Slots
  • Copper Infused High Mass 100% Metal Bridge Block
  • Thinner Undercoat Finish for Improved Body Resonance
  • Tinted Neck
  • Aged Plastic Parts
  • Included Strings: Fender® USA Super Bullets® 3250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
  • Accessories: Moulded rectangular SKB® case, Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth
  • Polishing Cloth: Polishing Cloth Included
  • Control Knobs: Aged White

Broken Link Removed

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Buddy Holly played a Fender Stratocaster, He had a unique style with only strumming downward, never up...gave that amazing " Holly " sound.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Never really been a Strat person. I've always got on better with Teles. Lovely looking guitar though (y)
I ever used to be a strat person either. It was always Les Paul's for me (how I wish I still had that 1969 gold top)
Until I got a Mexican Strat off eBay that is. I play that more than my Les Paul now. I Got a Mexican Tele to try too but it just doesn't have the range of tones that a strat can deliver. I keep the Tele in "Keef" tuning and use it on Brown Sugar and Honky Tonk Women cos it really nails that sound.
Since I started going to Fun rallies I seem to to play the acoustic more than anything else and have ended up thinning the electric herd considerably.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nice one, Jim :)
I'm quite tempted by this:
Broken Link Removed

Albert Lee plays one :)

Albert Lee what a fantastic guy
Walked on stage at the Americana years ago totally unexpected and did a session with Carlene Carter it was just brilliant.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Duhhh! I remember what a Stratocruiser was when BOAC bought some to try and fly the Atlantic route, they were very noisy as well, but I am very old now.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
QUOTE="Judgemental, post: 1257677, member: 8272"]My no 1 son has one...:)[/QUOTE]

sorry did not mean the 60th anniversary one being discussed, but it is a USA model:coffee: cost about £1100? a few years ago....

2a5chp0.jpg

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
ScotJimland submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Great nostalgia Jim!
The nearest I got to touching a Stratocaster was entering the music shop in Tin Pan Ally in London.
I think my dribble stains are still on the carpet! I do posses a Hank Marvin plectrum he sent to me in the 60's along with Bruce's plectrum which is rare! I have played a Burns but that is as good as it got for me.
Ah happy days .... sigh! :D(y)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Albert Lee what a fantastic guy
Walked on stage at the Americana years ago totally unexpected and did a session with Carlene Carter it was just brilliant.

Yeah - lovely guy. My son was his roadie for several years. I even got to babysit his instruments when he went home to the USA for a while. That's when I fell for the mandocaster :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
my son also has a nice les paul style Ibanez...lovely guitar (was mine:notworthy:)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Great nostalgia Jim!
The nearest I got to touching a Stratocaster was entering the music shop in Tin Pan Ally in London.

I've yearned to own a Strat since my teens when I was inspired by the likes of Buddy Holly and later the Beatles , learned to play on an old beat up acoustic.. still remember my first song.. House of The Rising Sun by The Animals..
I saved up and bought a Framus , German made and cost about £45 in 1970 .. about three weeks wages.. I think Framus went bust in the 70s but another company has revived the name.. sold it when I emigrated to RSA .. wish I hadn't.

Since owned a variety of guitars, including a Martin Acoustic, Model 000-1 .. since discontinued, but a lovely instrument and I still love playing it .. they fetch quite decent money, more than I paid.. so not a bad investment, but always wanted a Strat but could never quite justify or afford it when a family has so many other priorities.. until now.. the grey pound rules.. :LOL:

So it's only taken 50 years to realise a dream... but worth waiting for.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
A few months ago there was a documentary on the Sky Arts 1 channel on Les Paul and his guitars - absolutely fascinating! I keep looking to see if it's going to be repeated. It covers from his very early days, including Mary Ford, details of his multi-tracking and how much the world of electric instruments owes to him.

Sep 11, 2014
Cossington, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just joined group
Yes I can play well hold my own with blues. Was with a band called"The Recycled Teenagers" for 12 years we disbanded but go out as "Re4m" for the odd gig. Have a 8000 watt pa and lighting rig and do a few smallish music festivals.leave it to my son now he plays bass with a band called 2nd Gear

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Just joined group
Yes I can play well hold my own with blues. Was with a band called"The Recycled Teenagers" for 12 years we disbanded but go out as "Re4m" for the odd gig. Have a 8000 watt pa and lighting rig and do a few smallish music festivals.leave it to my son now he plays bass with a band called 2nd Gear
8Kw PA?
We need you at the Fun Rallies - that would just about make the band loud enough to be heard above the din of Funsters enjoying themselves!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back