St Nazaire to gijon ( green coast of spain ) ferry (1 Viewer)

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
Does anybody know what's happened to this great ferry route to spain, cannot find any gossip on the subject , their website doesn't say much on the subject.

We used this route about 3 years ago, great trip, basic but very good value.

Deleted User
The route was suspended I believe due to the withdrawal of subsidies, from whom I do not know.

http://ldlines.co.uk/

We winter in Spain/Portugal and have a static caravan near La Baule, a 15 min journey from St. Nazaire.We used the service at least once a year since its inception and was obviously very useful to us. I very much doubt that the service will be reinstated.

The Norman Atlantic(ex Scintu) which was on fire a few weeks ago was used on this route last year

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
The route was suspended I believe due to the withdrawal of subsidies, from whom I do not know.

http://ldlines.co.uk/

We winter in Spain/Portugal and have a static caravan near La Baule, a 15 min journey from St. Nazaire.We used the service at least once a year since its inception and was obviously very useful to us. I very much doubt that the service will be reinstated.

The Norman Atlantic(ex Scintu) which was on fire a few weeks ago was used on this route last year
Very handy route for you, we really liked the route. How long does it take for you to get to spanish border .???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We have never driven down direct but for us it would be easy in 2 days to the border at Irun or the Somport tunnel, others would probably do it in a day from the Nantes area. Depending on where we are heading of course but in the Autumn we usually take our time via Toulouse and the East coast of Spain and on into Portugal where we now spend around 6 months. We have normally used the Gijon route for return crossings in the Spring.

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We are crossing Portsmouth to Caen heading for Portugal not sure which part yet, either the algarve Eastern towards spain or North of Lisbon near St martino de Porto

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back