LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We are getting ready for the new travelling season and are looking for some music to listen to when on the road.

We have a middle of the road taste and tend to listen to Queen, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen and Abba with contributions from others including Fun!, Noah and the Whale and Lady Gaga.

For real relaxation, I enjoy Geoffrey Gurrumul but it us too mellow to drive to. https://play.google.com/music/previ...-1&gclid=CIj4nYjEisMCFYKxfAodGRUARw&gclsrc=ds

I've recently bought albums by George Esra and Ed Sheeran but we're looking for other ideas.

Any recommendations on music to add to our collection?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
If you sign up for an account on LastFM and start with someone you already know, their thingy will play you music. Some you will know, some will be new. As you listen you click whether you like it or not and over time it learns your tastes and improves what you listen to. If you have a smartphone you can play it on their too. Once you've svarted to build a playlist you can use that to choose albums to buy.

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Can I suggest trying a selection from Runrig, a Scottish band..in particular their ballads compilations (or any other of their albums for that matter). And Irnbru...you brought back many fond memories with your comment on beachboys...(y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
"Three Wheels on my Wagon"
New Christie Minstrels.

Says it all really, (come to think of it, this used to be ALWAYS on the radio. Not heard it for ages.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Bit of everything on the IPod on shuffle then you can skip one if you decide you don't like it.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Ours, a bit of Jack Johnson, Enya, Mumford and Sons and Arabic Chill-out when on the motorway - tends to relax us for the journey. :sleep:
However, I still keep my Zepp, and Sabbath in reserve for when we get into the towns/cities - keeps me alert to the 'me first, me first' BMW brigade and keeps the blood pressure up.:mad:
Traffic jams, should we get caught, then out comes the Pink Floyd - why? Not too sure but it works.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Can I suggest trying a selection from Runrig, a Scottish band..in particular their ballads compilations (or any other of their albums for that matter). And Irnbru...you brought back many fond memories with your comment on beachboys...(y)

I used to listen to Runrig - I'll get the album I bought a few years ago back onto my playlist for our Scotland trip this year :)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Bit of everything on the IPod on shuffle then you can skip one if you decide you don't like it.

I'm not so keen on shuffling - we have many different types of music and I quite like knowing what song is coming up next - Mozart followed by AC/DC followed by The Verve would frazzle my little brain.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Matty..............MATTY !! I know you are taking your two boys with you. For God's sake think of them!

Unless you have already managed to corrupt them they surely won't appreciate all the old stuff :eek:

Give them the choice :D:D:D

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Beach boys :) but it has to be a hot sunny day for me to make the most of that, ideally with a Californian girl next to me, but the Mrs is not so keen. Jack Johnson is good to chill too. Forgot to mention Jackson Brown and Van Morrison in my first post.

Don't tell anyone but we also play Whigfield to get ready for party times :)

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
We like. The Script. Leona Lewis. Celine Dion. Very varied according to the mood.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Matty..............MATTY !! I know you are taking your two boys with you. For God's sake think of them!

Unless you have already managed to corrupt them they surely won't appreciate all the old stuff :eek:

Give them the choice :D:D:D

We do give them the choice and that is why we have almost worn out our Fun! and Noah and the Whale mp3s.

I asked boy 1 to introduce us to some new music and he has three faves, including this .... How long would you cope with this?

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Or this .... (I'd rather have silence than this kind of noise)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you like folk / gentle guitar music, this is from one of the albums that I relax with but not so good for driving to.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
A foot tapper .... from the boys' favourite album.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I'm not so keen on shuffling - we have many different types of music and I quite like knowing what song is coming up next - Mozart followed by AC/DC followed by The Verve would frazzle my little brain.
Ooohhhh..... You must be my long lost relative !
Just got tickets for AC/DC tour later this year, yet I listen to classic FM !
Like Snow Patrol, the Darkness and such diverse stuff as Rod Stewart and Tina Turner !.
My take on music ? ........ If an "effort" goes into making it then it's usually 'listenable'..... but I can't do with that 'thumping stuff'!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We do give them the choice and that is why we have almost worn out our Fun! and Noah and the Whale mp3s.

I asked boy 1 to introduce us to some new music and he has three faves, including this .... How long would you cope with this?

Crikey Matty :eek::eek: Well once me and the missus had recovered from laughing all the way through I gave to agree with you, maybe not such a good idea to let the boys decide ;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Currently got an OPM disk in the Smartie stereo
When I am on my own I tend to lean towards older heavy rock like 9 inch nails and the like

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
Love the video jukebox website. A bit of Jimmy Buffet puts the Mrs in holiday mood.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Can I suggest trying a selection from Runrig, a Scottish band..in particular their ballads compilations (or any other of their albums for that matter). And Irnbru...you brought back many fond memories with your comment on beachboys...(y)[/QUOTE

Love Runrig's Mara and Donnie Munro's Fields of the young, they are always in the car. We also have all Amy McDonalds CD's, REM's, Eagles, Lana Del Rey and London Grammar.(y) Forgot Clannad.(y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

22 seconds...
.ENOUGH!!!!!

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
22 seconds...
.ENOUGH!!!!!
I'm sorry that you'll never get those 22 seconds back. I guess that you can see why I'm on this mission to find new music before the boy finds others like this.

scouse272

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
golborne
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 645
Exp
we listen to fleetwood mac,queen,bowie, floyd and a load of compilatin cds and if it's just me the dixie chicks

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I think it's down to personal taste. Much of what has been suggested on here is not my cup of tea just as most of what I like probably wouldn't be anyone else's. I listen to a lot of music at home so of late I have been tending to not have any on in the van (or on the bike). If I do listen to anything it's usually the radio. If I do have music on it will be my i-pod on shuffle. With over 7000 tracks on it I like the surprise of listening to stuff I haven't played for ages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back