Anyone know a good mechanic around Alicante? (1 Viewer)

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
I need to have a new wheel bearing fitted to my Ducato, plus a couple of smaller jobs. I'm near Alicante city now. It's not urgent - can wait until the new year.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Be interested in this. We have a very noisy bearing. Paid a lot in uk for one o a renault base. Will get a price over here when we get to Agadir but how much would it cost in spain?

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I need to have a new wheel bearing fitted to my Ducato, plus a couple of smaller jobs. I'm near Alicante city now. It's not urgent - can wait until the new year.
If you are coming North from Alicante you could call in at Busy Bee Garage just off the motorway at Benissa. www.busybee.es for details.
I have used them for my car in Spain and they were fine. On the N332 South of Benissa.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Thanks Xabia, but I'm at El Campello and heading south.

Sep 22, 2014
Milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
Since 2000
If you are any where near la marina village their is a Welsh chap and he is very good you will find him South end of the village between the Hotel and the 2nd hand furniture shop, we go to La marina camping most years and lots of people have work done by him.
If he's not in the shop/office the phone number is on the door,
Sorry haven't got Number with me I am in Australia at present.
Good Luck. Robbo

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
If you ring the man who runs Umbrella Parking near Alicante airport, he is an ex motor man and will give you the number of the mechanic in Santa Pola who he uses. The number is +34 966 44 57 88. We had a clutch problem when we parked there cuz we always fly home for xmass and he sorted us and was reasonable. They speak good English. Good luck

OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Thanks Robbo and Portland. Funnily enough I spend a lot of time around La Marina, but just went down to San Javier to get some work done today, at an Iveco garage opposite Dos Mares shopping mall. As far as I know they did a decent job and at 32 Euros per hour, not expensive. Experienced commercial vehicle mechanics, but little English spoken.

Unfortunately a new front left wheel bearing has not solved the rumbling problem I'm having when taking right hand bends. Will take the van to TJ Autos at Pilar de Horodada which is British owned and try to get a diagnosis there.

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
TY is good a few of us at Lo-Monte camping have been therewas going to recommend him but I thought you was to far north john

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Unfortunately a new front left wheel bearing has not solved the rumbling problem I'm having when taking right hand bends. Will take the van to TJ Autos at Pilar de Horodada which is British owned and try to get a diagnosis.
Please could you tell me what a wheel bearing cost in spain. We have a very noisy one and will get it done in maroc if it is not too much as it is driving me daft.
Thanks

OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Please could you tell me what a wheel bearing cost in spain. We have a very noisy one and will get it done in maroc if it is not too much as it is driving me daft.
Thanks

I bought my bearing in the UK. In Spain I would guess about 40 or 50 Euros for the part and two or three hours to fit (it took that long on mine, though no doubt some will say it can be done in an hour and a half) at 30 per hour approximately.

I met Terry from TJ's and he's a decent guy as far as I could tell in the half hour we spent road-testing my van and chatting.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I bought my bearing in the UK. In Spain I would guess about 40 or 50 Euros for the part and two or three hours to fit (it took that long on mine, though no doubt some will say it can be done in an hour and a half) at 30 per hour approximately.

I met Terry from TJ's and he's a decent guy as far as I could tell in the half hour we spent road-testing my van and chatting.
MAny thanks for that. A bit more than that last one I had done. But gives a guide for next time. Will make a note of the garages listed as we visit the area regularly having family in La Marina

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
@ Dazzlin When we were in Tafraoute on the campsite last year we saw a French van having a wheel bearing replaced, looks like they were doing a good job, you may also recall there are a couple of garages in Tafaroute which seemed to be doing repairs on MH.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
@ Dazzlin When we were in Tafraoute on the campsite last year we saw a French van having a wheel bearing replaced, looks like they were doing a good job, you may also recall there are a couple of garages in Tafaroute which seemed to be doing repairs on MH.
Thanks.
looking here but wanted a guide for spain. Off to Agadir in a few weeks for quote for bearing and cv boot. Will consider Tafraout as well.

OP
OP
D

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
If you are any where near la marina village their is a Welsh chap and he is very good you will find him South end of the village between the Hotel and the 2nd hand furniture shop, we go to La marina camping most years and lots of people have work done by him.
If he's not in the shop/office the phone number is on the door,
Sorry haven't got Number with me I am in Australia at present.
Good Luck. Robbo

Steve is his name, but he no longer has the premises by the furniture shop - he works from home, a few km outside La Marina, off the CV-853 road to Elche. He's very experienced and charges 25 Euros per hour. Telephone +34 646 730 507.

Sep 22, 2014
Milton keynes
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks doc have taken note of his number just incase, as we are off to la Marina next week

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back