Marine Parade Dover. (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone know as a matter of fact if overnight parking still Ok. Looking to park up there from tomorrow evening for an early Saturday crossing.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I think that it's restricted now. Others on here will be along to give the up-to-the-minute situation.

Most seem to use the P&R site now at Canterbury.

James

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
parked there in October but don't know if it has changed john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Give up on Dover you lot!!

They don't want you there! Get over it!

Wait until you get on the other side of the water for your kip!
The Daily Mail is wrong, you won't be swamped with immigrants clinging to your van!

-Just don't have any cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad on the side of your van...........

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Give up on Dover you lot!!

They don't want you there! Get over it!

Wait until you get on the other side of the water for your kip!
The Daily Mail is wrong, you won't be swamped with immigrants clinging to your van!

-Just don't have any cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad on the side of your van...........
I guess my question was too complicated for you to understand LOL

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I understand that the Western end of Marine Parade known as the Esplanade is still usable .

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
St Margarets Mount.JPG
Dover cliff top
N51.15659 / E1.39256

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I guess my question was too complicated for you to understand LOL
While I hold with the idea go over and stay on the other side , we went on a early morning tunnel and stayed in dover, don't know where marine parade is but just before the last roundabout for the ferry is a street at the side of the main road , is that it . Because there was plenty room on there and we parked up , no problem , sign said no restriction to parking, but it was very noisey with the lorrys going past all the time, but don't think it was called marine parade.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
While I hold with the idea go over and stay on the other side , we went on a early morning tunnel and stayed in dover, don't know where marine parade is but just before the last roundabout for the ferry is a street at the side of the main road , is that it . Because there was plenty room on there and we parked up , no problem , sign said no restriction to parking, but it was very noisey with the lorrys going past all the time, but don't think it was called marine parade.
Marine Parade is the nearest road to the beach.

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Just don't have any cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad on the side of your van...........

Sorry I just don't see any amusement in your comment considering the ongoing events in France ???

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
View attachment 51240 Dover cliff top
N51.15659 / E1.39256
Thats the spot we use at St Margarets on Cliff.
Always quiet and peaceful with great views and only 10 mins to docks. We arrive late/leave early but keep it to yourselves, don't want it to get too busy!
ps you will get the message 'welcome to france' here if with vodaphone so switch off mobile data!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Not good enough for Philip it would seem :whistle:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

That's Snargate Street.

There were MH's parked there over holiday period. MH's should not park on Marine Parade or Waterloo Crescent, signs clearly state cars & motorcycles only. Coaches, caravans etc are allowed to park on The Esplanade, the western end of the sea front.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
As far as I know the western end is still OK the poxy council is more worried about the Gateway residents further along. I might have some news soon about an alternative nearby for MHs but nothing heard back yet.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That's Snargate Street.

There were MH's parked there over holiday period. MH's should not park on Marine Parade or Waterloo Crescent, signs clearly state cars & motorcycles only. Coaches, caravans etc are allowed to park on The Esplanade, the western end of the sea front.
Thanks for that , thought it wasn't marine parade, but it was ok for a quick heads down although as I said it was very noisy, I don't know the exact wording on the signs but I am sure it said something like parking , no restrictions

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry I just don't see any amusement in your comment considering the ongoing events in France ???
It is called British humour A C. (y) ( though why I aint too sure as it is displayed and used equally well by our close cousins, the German and French peoples )
Same humour that got us through the blitz.. when cartoons of people in the rubble of Britain made folk think and smile
In fact the same humour being displayed by the French ( among many ) cartoonists in answer to the horror of the other day ..
Satire is possibly the most subtle of humour and is only for the brave and/or intelligent and people either love it or loath it :sneaky:

To the OP
Dover council are just displaying their short sightedness .. Do they thing banning MH from one place will make the disappear ?
We will all simply move somewhere else.. And if the council carries on banning parking in different areas they will end up having to supply a dedicated area for folk to park in at considerable cost to them selves which will take donkeys years to recover !

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
The sad thing is,they will keep banning o/night parking. Many years ago,you could park up in a c/van near enough anywhere,.soon,as they became more popular certain areas were swamped with c/vans,so began the bans and "Sites" were approved by the councils to overcome this problem.
Fast forward to now,M/homes are swamping areas.... "Have to make a parking area somewhere else ?" They already have,certificated sites.
Don't shoot the messenger,this is just how the cookie crumbles. I am afraid that the cry,"We bring money to the area" rings hollow in some ears,it would appear that "Free" parking is the driving force here,as there are plenty of sites/M'way service areas to stay o/night,at a price,and or,better planning of arriving at Dover.
Tea Bag.
PS. There are lay byes on the main road,some have a super view of the dock,noisy ? Well if it was noise or £14-£20,i will choose noise. for only a couple of hours kip/rest

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
It is called British humour A C. (y) ( though why I aint too sure as it is displayed and used equally well by our close cousins, the German and French peoples )
Same humour that got us through the blitz.. when cartoons of people in the rubble of Britain made folk think and smile
In fact the same humour being displayed by the French ( among many ) cartoonists in answer to the horror of the other day ..
Satire is possibly the most subtle of humour and is only for the brave and/or intelligent and people either love it or loath it :sneaky:

To the OP
Dover council are just displaying their short sightedness .. Do they thing banning MH from one place will make the disappear ?
We will all simply move somewhere else.. And if the council carries on banning parking in different areas they will end up having to supply a dedicated area for folk to park in at considerable cost to them selves which will take donkeys years to recover !

Free speech, we are lucky to have and obviously it has been hard earned. Each to there own opinions and I certainly bear no ill will to the OP or any who agree with his post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back