What do you think of this one (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
My lad is looking for a m/home his first and he's found this one.
Fully aware of the model but does anyone know anything about this seller and what d'you reckon its worth.
Broken Link Removed

The lad is a fully qualified heavy plant and hgv mechanic so maintenance is no problem. Obviously I'll go with him to view and take the damp meter and having owned a similar model myself for over 4 years know my way around.
Just like a few opinions on asking price and the dealer.
Checked out Mobile De and the same van with higher mileage making 20000 euro so same price.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Be wary of this dealer, they are just selling agents, try to take deposit of you before you even view them

They'll be lucky my lads even harder than me when it comes to dealing proper friggin tight wad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yes, their office isn't far from us, they do have some mh's there.

When we were looking we were interested in quite a few they were advertising, rang and left messages but they never got back to us......

Seem to remember there's quite alot of info if you google them.

Yes, unless it's changed they are just acting obo the private owner.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we had real trouble with motorhome depot even trying to arrange a viewing, they were not ken to even say where the MH was, something didn't seem right, never bothered in the end

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I had mixed experiences when enquiring about vans ( different agents for different geographical areas ) some were very helpful and willing, others didn't even respond to calls or emails. Never purchased from them though.

I think the price is very reasonable if it's a good 'un. However some shabby examples around for less money. I sold my tidy 1998 B544 for more last year.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Ebay ID history is fairly interesting reading.

motorhomedepotcom
19-Jan-12
Present

themotorhomeshed
08-Sep-11
19-Jan-12

openroadleisure
27-Jan-11
08-Sep-11

rdhauctionspartsandaccessories
20-Oct-09
27-Jan-11

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
All the agents are franchisees according to their website and I see one of them - a Karl Adams - has a Coventry phone number but no address so no idea where in Coventry he may be.

What would I do? - if I was seriously interested I'd ring Mark at Central Leisure Services or Steve Ashley - 'Ash' - both Trade Members on here and resident very near Coventry and not a million miles away from Tamworth either - and ask either of them if they've ever heard of the people or the firm and what's their opinion.

I mean the Cov chap owns a motorhome. That IMHO doesn't mean he's expert about them by any means does it? Well I don't need to ask. It's NO ! LOL

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Its 14 years old AND a kack hander so I think it should be less money

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We had a positive experience purchasing via Motorhomedepot.
Works like a franchise so it will depend on the area of country you are buying as to the level of service. The agent we contacted arranged for us to view motorhome next day (Sunday) with the owner, in Canvey Island, so long trip for us. He acts as a go between, it is a private purchase so no warranty, but I think they will arrange an insurance based warranty if required. There was no pressure to purchase a warranty, by the way.
Having been able to discuss questions with the owner decided to buy as the price was right, full service history etc.
We were able to pay with credit card so had some protection and you would not have been able to do that with a normal private purchase. Arranged collection for following Saturday, the agent collected us from railway station in rural Kent and drove us to Canvey Island. So all in all very pleased.
David

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Is that the van in your avatar?
Yes it is. We had narrowed down out search to a Rapido 786 or 7086 but it had to have Milan trim (light stripes) and they are few and far between. That's why we were pleased to be able to view next day and we only phoned the agent at 5.00 pm on the Saturday.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We had a not so positive experience (probably as much our own doing as Motorhome Depot)
There was finance owing on the Motorhome and so we decided to pay Black Horse direct and the balance to MHD.
When we went to pick the Motorhome up the Agent said that he noticed the speedo wasnt working when he took it for its MOT. He said it would be about ÂŁ50 but it actually cost us ÂŁ600 odd to have it repaired. We couldnt back out of the deal as we had already transferred the money to Black Horse. Along with Mods needed to make the Motorhome usable (air suspension and uprate from 3 to 3.3 tonnes, new fridge and new leisure battery) we ended up losing a fair bit when we traded it in.
As always - buyer beware.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Update
Just spoke to Chris seems a really nice guy, the van is as good as sold a guy flying in from Jersey to see it.
Fair play to him he wouldn't let us look until after the guy has been but promised to keep us updated.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well we didn't even get a chance too look the guy flew over from Jersey bought it on the spot. When I started checking prices it was on the cheap side. He'll have too keep looking but I think he'll be lucky to find another at that price.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With current exchange rates you could get one around the same year in Germany for around ÂŁ15000.

Broken Link Removed.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
With current exchange rates you could get one around the same year in Germany for around ÂŁ15000.

Broken Link Removed.

Thanks yeah I'd started looking on Mobile De for him when he found one locally.
Year 2000 mint condition 25000 miles from new full history and one owner plus fully loaded with every extra a motorhomer could ever want. He paid a bit extra for it but it'll last him years its better than mine jammy little bugger.:)
We pick it up tomorrow lunchtime, even this one he nearly lost because 4 or 5 other people wanted it but the guy gave his word to Mike and stuck to it.
B544's sell like hotcakes fantastic little vans I think if we ever downsize which I suppose we will one day a B544 would be top of my list.(y)(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Good to hear he is sorted, we were tempted with a 544 before we brought our last van (Tramp 654SL Gold edition), couldn't live without a garage now.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good to hear he is sorted, we were tempted with a 544 before we brought our last van (Tramp 654SL Gold edition), couldn't live without a garage now.

Same here we've got B694 tag 5 tonner but only 7.5 m long huge garage massive payload. We carry a 650 cc Kawasaki Versys in the garage been all over Europe in it winter and summer best van we've ever owned we've done 50'000 miles in 4 years.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Regret never taking my bike test when I was 16, don't think SWMO would let me now & if I did she wouldn't ride pillion.:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back