mystery switch (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I have only recentley picked up my first motorhome, so far everything works fine and no problems ; however to the right of the steering wheel dashboard is a recessed section where i suppose you can put your bits and bobs, inside this recess is a small circular switch that doesn't seem to operate anything.

Prior to buying my motorhome i was just lurking on this site picking up tips and valuable info. Anyway the van i decided to buy didn't have an alarm , remember reading a thread recommending a guy fairly local to me Peter of Autalarm Rotherham who came today and fitted a lazerline alarm, excellent service , would highly recommend him .

I asked him what he thought the little switch was in the dashboardlater he said this was part of the phantom tarcker that had been fitted by a previous owner where subscription had expired. Peter said , these can be problematic and didn't really recomend them.

Is really worth reactivating or are there better options ?

Sounds like a transfere fee + £99 / year

Regards

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Sinbad 1

We have had a tracker fitted to our RV, 2 days later we were in France in a Wine supermarket when Micks mobile phone went, it was the tracker company Phanom, were we aware that our RV had been moved, it appeared that he had forgotten to turn in off when we left the ferry and they were calling to check that it was us who had moved it. This we think is excellent service so maybe it would be good to renew yours. :whatthe: :whatthe:

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi Sinbad 1

We have had a tracker fitted to our RV, 2 days later we were in France in a Wine supermarket when Micks mobile phone went, it was the tracker company Phanom, were we aware that our RV had been moved, it appeared that he had forgotten to turn in off when we left the ferry and they were calling to check that it was us who had moved it. This we think is excellent service so maybe it would be good to renew yours. :whatthe: :whatthe:

Thanks for your feedback , perhaps its something you need to test now and a again would be disasterous if it failed when you needed it. £100+ to reregister + comitted to a yearly subscription ?

I am looking at other options
MAX TV - Personal GPS Tracker

Or perhaps beter ways of preventing being driven off in the first place don't know but just weighing up options

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back