Weaveatex Breathable Motorhome Awning Groundsheet (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
We are beginning to think about essential items for our motorhome which we will collect sometime in February. And as newbies the list of essential kit is now raising its head.

There are lots of groundsheets on the market for our awning and I wondered if anyone has tried the Weaveatex Breathable Caravan Awning Tent Camping/Leisure Groundsheet?

Broken Link Removed

It seems to be durable and breathable. Any thoughts please?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Before you get too carried away eating up your payload, why not wait and see if you actually use your awning. We never stop anywhere long enough to make it worthwhile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I agree with Wildman - get a bit of use out of it first before you go buying things you may end up not using:)

We've found camping equipment is a bit like kitchen equipment - you buy it in the belief you'll use it all the time only for it to end up in the back of a drawer (or the garage in the mh's case)(y)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I agree with Wildman - get a bit of use out of it first before you go buying things you may end up not using:)

We've found camping equipment is a bit like kitchen equipment - you buy it in the belief you'll use it all the time only for it to end up in the back of a drawer (or the garage in the mh's case)(y)

Hence Haggers' annual Bring and Buy :LOL:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hence Haggers' annual Bring and Buy :LOL:
Yes but we've not been to one as we're new to having a mh - had a caravan for 20 odd years and have accumulated an awful lot of 'essential' stuff:D
Les confessed recently that we still have the first awning from our 1st caravan, that means it even moved house with us for heavens sake!:doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AnEnglishmanAbroad
Aug 18, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for the advice. I think, on balance, we will follow Wildman and Deb's advice. I am in a "sweet shop" at the moment and don't want to end up with clutter we may not use. Hold off is sound advice.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We put a small plastic groundsheet down in front of the door and put table and chairs on it. No awning other than the wind out one. The sheet is really useful for keeping sand and dirt out of the MH, but water collects on it if it rains. A breathable sheet would be good. Thanks for the link.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back