Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (1 Viewer)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Au contraire Mme ! I've always fancied meeting you too as it happens!

I said that to Pete when I read your post and he asked, why? Perfectly reasonable question .....

The answer is, I can't explain. I have no idea. Just a feeling ......

I hope our paths do cross, but if we miss each other this time - look at it this way - we'll both still have something to look forward to!

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
We would be interested as were leaving Benicassim on the 27th of April and will be driving up through France so might stop of for a week

Reactions: JaG

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi , can you pencil us please ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
My birthday in May too , so may have to do my first trip abroad in my , do you go ferry or train?

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hi JaG
Sounds great. We haven't been to France for years, so please put us down as interested and keep us abreast of the details etc. Cheers B & G (eroom)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
My birthday in May too , so may have to do my first trip abroad in my , do you go ferry or train?
I think it's down to personal preference Pam. We use the ferry from Newhaven but then we only live 20 mins from there. (y)

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hi Pam
If you go from Calais and avoid the tolls it's 485 miles (about 9 to 10 Hours) as per the AA routes.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
the intention is to be in Benidorm March/April'ish...might be able to pop in on way home for a few night....

Whitehawk

Free Member
Nov 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Comanche
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
We are interested, we only got our first motorhome this month! We are very interested in France and would appreciate meeting up with seasoned travellers. Please add us to the list and keep us posted.
Joyce & Jeff

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Jean & myself have arranged a meet at Twin Lakes, France (www.twinlakesfrance.com) between 1st May and 22nd May 2015. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. As it is a Meet and not a Rally you are invited to join us at any point during the three week period and enjoy the reduced rate for a pitch. Primarily we are there to celebrate Jean’s 70th birthday, which is on 5th May 2015. There will some sort of ‘do’ on that day, a Pig Roast or something similar.

Pitch prices are 11E per night without EHU and 14E with EHU, which are obviously limited. This is a worthwhile saving on the normal pitch fee. At this point it is ‘an expression of interest’ however, it will be up to you to contact Twin Lakes to book your pitch prior to the period stated above. Make sure you quote ‘JaG’s Meet’ and quote you are MotorhomeFun when booking. Dates outside this period will be as per normal rates for the site, or a price you negotiate with Garry & Jan.
If you think you may go please let us know so we can give them some idea of anticipated numbers attending.

A bit about Twin Lakes and getting there.
Twin Lakes Caravan Park is a picturesque site set in the region of Charente-Maritime, France, which is rich in culture, gastronomy and with the most wonderful sights.
It is 820km (509 miles) from Calais via Paris or 829km (515 miles) via Rouen. We did work out a route for caravan avoiding all tolls and it is 484 miles of which 255 miles are on Motorways. Time estimated was 12 hours. This was done on Michelin Route Planner. You will obviously have your own preferred route. We did the Paris route using Tolls last year and it proved expensive on Tolls and Paris was busy around the Ring Road.

English family owned they cater for those seeking a quiet and restful holiday in rural France away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. At Twin Lakes, customers are treated as individuals, knowing that everyone expects something special from their family holiday in France. Their aim is to offer choice and flexibility making your French holiday a memorable one.
Guests will exchange the traffic jams for the French countryside, the crowded pavements for a coastal path, the urban stress for the great outdoors, and a holiday in Charente-Maritime, France is the perfect antidote for de-stressing from modern day life. Sit back, relax, and enjoy. Rural France is so fabulous to explore, or just be here and relax any time of year. The one thing you are sure of is the warm and friendly welcome. The hardest thing you will have to do here is…..leaving when it is time to go home.

The sites facilities
• Bar serving a selection of both Continental and English beers, local wine, hot and cold drinks
• Snack bar serving light snacks and evening meals
• Electrical hook ups
• Reception area with information leaflets
• Beautiful field available for Rallies
• Disabled toilet with W.C. Shower & Wash Basin
• Swimming and Paddling Pool
• Pool Table
• Sky TV in lounge area
• Pot washing room
• Calor Gas
• Disposal points
• Fishing on site - free for Residents. Note: FISH MUST NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE LAKES.
• Dogs are welcome - however, please keep under proper control at all times.
• Communal barbecue area
• Barbecues are allowed using a portable or disposable barbecue (disposables available from the shop). Please keep off the ground when lit. Camp fires are not allowed on any part of the site.
• Picnic Tables
• Water Points
• Children's playground and sports field
Locally you will see the immediate area has everything you could want while staying there.

Local Google Map
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...spn=0.217088,0.500372&source=embed&dg=feature

Places to visit: Blaye with it’s big market and Citadel, Bordeaux, Bourg, Cognac, Montendre with it’s Night Market during the summer months, Royan, Saintes

SeeUKCampsites Reviews here:

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hello , can you put us down as interested please . We have not been out and about much due to caring commitments but , sadly I lost my dad two weeks ago . We would like to go here , first time abroad in motorhome for me . We have a chiwawa , are we allowed to take him . Also what do people do about health insurance and vets for dogs advice please much appreciated , were prob go on the train too...Pam and Mick Turley and one little dog

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Pam and mick Turley and one little dog please .

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We defiant to go

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi J & G. This sounds really good. We are seriously considering attending. How soon do we have to confirm ( ie booking etc)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am very sorry. but because of some family problems we will have to pull out.

Drive

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
Shrewley
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
2 years
Hello Jean & Graham,

Nice three week celebration, I am sure you will have the staying power for such a marathon party.
We are planning to be in France during that time, not sure of exact dates, will advise nearer the time.

Clive & Janice
Drive

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Happy new year everyone . Is this still on as we def want to go , first time abroad in motorhome for me , I'm going by train across to calaie but have no idea where I'm going from there lol . Do we have to book direct to site ? Any more Imfo on this please ?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Happy new year everyone . Is this still on as we def want to go , first time abroad in motorhome for me , I'm going by train across to calaie but have no idea where I'm going from there lol . Do we have to book direct to site ? Any more Imfo on this please ?
It's all here. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/twin-lakes-france-meet-may-1st-may-22nd-2015.90688/

Regards,

Jock.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
We will be calling in a couple of times as its only an hr an a bit from us; And can vouch for the above description of site and facilties. We called in a couple of weeks ago, and saw it at the worst time possible, Drizzle, damp,depressing weather, but could see its definitely got the makings for a Fun meet in May, We are looking forward to seeing it in full bloom.:party2::france:

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
Hi, sorry but I am going to have to withdraw from this meet. I will either be still in hospital or recovering as my appointment has come through for the first week in April.

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
To anyone who has been here before , it says it's rural , we won't have a tow car only motorhome , so can anyone tell us is it easy to get to the shops or market , like is there public transport ? We don't walk too far due to mobility problems , will be our first trip abroad in motorhome any ideas on route please .

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Jean and Grahame , I booked the tunnel today to leave on 28 April, 1st trip abroad for me , but really looking forward to going as I too will be spending my birthday on the 11th . I'm just going to phone the site to book in . We're be there for the 1st may . What do you people do for insurance , I just phoned camping caravan club and had a quote for multi insurance ( one year ) plus the little doggie for £102 each , that's without having medical screening , but I won't tell them I got two heads lol , so is that good ive not booked it yet as wanted some advice thank you

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Expression of Interest List
BobnDen
bobandjanie
normanandsue
panda
pat1951
pepper386
Songbird
teddybard
Wildge
yodeli
Pam and Mick def going just booked the tunnel , trying to phone site as I type xx

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, sorry we will have to withdraw from the meet, we have decided to meet friends in Northern Spain for a couple of weeks before heading home on the 14th.

Have a great time.

Ginny

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
still hoping to be down in Spain late March till early May and may pop in for a few nights on way home but cant confirm dates...is it OK just to turn up?

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, sorry we will have to withdraw from the meet, we have decided to meet friends in Northern Spain for a couple of weeks before heading home on the 14th.

Have a great time.

Ginny
OK, I will take you off the list. have a nice time in Spain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back