what is best club to join (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Our daughter is going to subscribe for a year a club for cl sites etc for one of our crimbo presents which would be the best regards steve , ps we 2 small dogs our mh is bessy e745

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm thinking CC; (parents used to belong to C&CC when they tugged, and some of the rules were..........:whistle2::whistle2:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We're in both and have been for many years....
As has been discussed a few times before, it really depends on what you intend using it for.
If it is cs's and ths then I'd say c&cc as the ths are really good value:xThumb: There was an rac breakdown offer where you got c&cc membership free for a year, not sure if it's still onx:-)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Both are good value we are in CC as they always have excellent toilet and shower blocks and you only need to stay five nights to get your money back however we don't use them a great deal as we looked wilding and traveling in France and Spain they're good for a recharge and shower:xThumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We are in both, CC for cl's & sites, C&CC for ferry costs (cheapest way of getting off the Island)
both have good 5 vans sites ( again cheaper than main sites) bit expensive to be in both but for us it gives us the best of both worlds loads of choice on where to stay & cheap to get off the island more often.
Terry & Ann

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
C & CC used the THS's all over cornwall this summer as well as CL , also go to a lot of the C&CC Motor Caravan Section's meetings ,
Been with CC not impressed and not made welcome in a MH at all ,

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have only been with CC for the last 7 years or so and never ever had any bad experience because we have a MH . We did use a couple of C & CC sites when touring Scotland this autumn and the toilet block facilities were not as good as the CC ones . We have used many CC CL s over the years and found them to be good value ....also they have many Adults Only ones .

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Hi Steve,
We have been in both CC and C&CC for over 25 yrs. first with caravans and more lately with the MH.
If your daughter is still working and/or have children at school I would suggest the C&CC. Each area run weekend 'meets' for which you do not normally need to book in advance. The CC areas also run 'rallies' but you do need to book, usually pay for, these a good while before the date. With our changeable weather you can decide to go to a 'meet' at the last minute.
The facilities on the club sites vary in both clubs as some of them are in need of refurbishment but both clubs have on-going upgrading programs.
For longer stays the 5van sites in both clubs are good value but facilities do vary greatly.
Brian

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm in the CC for the past year or so and although I havent used them a great deal, the sites I have used are modern, clean, tidy and I have had no problems whatsoever.

As I've never been a member of the C&CC, I cannot comment.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I was in both for a number of years, now just with my preferred C&CC. I personally found its members to be more friendly and Child friendly at the time. The children have now grown up and left the nest, only my youngest daughter lives at home....part time as she's studying in the US. She still enjoys coming along with us on occasions. We find the weekend meets and temporary holiday sites with the C&CC to be excellent and very good value. As you will see with the replies to your post, it is all down to personal preference. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back