Parc Verger - Weekend of Festivities (1 Viewer)

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi, thought I would try an international meet for a change.

Why don't you join us at Bob & Di's site at Parc Verger for what sounds like a great weekend. You can even go earlier and stay later if you want.

The weekend of the 15th August is a bank holiday in France, and there is a great meal in the local village (Champagnac La Riviere) at 7.30 pm, followed by a firework display and then dancing into the small hours. The meal normally has seven courses incl coffee, and this year cost 15 Euros.

During the day the village has other activities. Bob and Di would be delighted to host RVs and motorhomes over that period, and will be happy to double their normal MHFun discount for a week. This means that for those arriving on or after Wednesday 12th and staying over the wekend up to the following Wednesday the discount will be 20%. Earlier arrivals or later departures will enjoy the 20% discount during that week, and their normal 10% discount will apply for other days.

The rates for the pitch's will come to me later so I will let you know them as soon as I get them.

So come on, let's cheer ourselves up, forget the bad weather at the moment and think about next years hols.:thumb:

Let me know if you want to join us, and I will add you to the list. I have pm'd them again to see how many of us they will take. I would imagine that the sooner we get our names down the more they can take - good places get booked up very quickly.:winky:

Pammy

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I suggested this one to Jim on RVO he said he would contact Bob

Are we up for it you betcha :shout:: ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Put our names down Pammy :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
would love to come to that meet but i think i will be in spain from the end of june to the end of august ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Put me down as a maybe :RollEyes:
Cos i dont know where it is

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
I hope you've already got us on the list :winky:

Look on the calendar Bryan, of course you're on the list. We'll be following you cause Geo don't know where it is (read his post)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
We regularly go down for this period. We could make it a stop over on our normal route down to the west coast surf.

So I know it sounds a long time away, but put Nikki and I down, but the finalities we will have to work out later.

Fantastic time of year for being in France.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
This sounds like a good one Pammy. We were thinking af France next summer so put Keith & Jean down please.

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
It is a bit away in the future but we (John and Marie) would like to put our names down for this meet.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am certainly a maybe.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

Update coming along very soon.

Paul & Nikki (Haganap)
Keith (Keith & Jean)
Verity (Pete & Jane)
New Rover (John & Marie)
Roadrunner (John)
The Pipps (Doug and Bar)

All to be added to the list. Thanks - I think this will be a great meet.

I have now received further information as follows: You may need to read it a couple of times to get your heads round it but it is quite clear.

Quote from Bob and Di - Parc Verger:

We can cope with at least 25 vans overall, possibly up to 30. We have eight serviced hardstanding pitches, with the rest on a new lawn area we have developed. The ground is hard enough for RVs up to 10 tons, anything over that we would want to put onto the hardstandings. These are actually big enough for two reasonably sized Europeans, so with electricity splitters and doubling up of water supplies on the pitches numbers can be adjusted to sort out most requirements!

Thinking about what we said earlier, we'll vary the 20% discount so that any one spending time here over that weekend will get the 20% discount for up to seven nights - and we will maintain our nomal practice of seven nights for the price of six. For seven nights the cost will therefore be 92 Euros on a serviced hardstanding, and 80 Euros on a lawn pitch, both inclusive of 16A electricity.

On a daily basis the serviced hardstandings are charged at 19 Euros; less 20% this comes down to 15.20 Euros. The lawn pitches are 16.50 per day, which less 20% comes to 13.20 Euros.

The cost of the meal will be additional, of course, and must be paid in a dvance (we will have to book everyone in). For simplicity we will work on 15 Euros per head for adults, and 7.50 Euros per child up to age 12 (we will adjust the final payment on arrival here when we have the actual costs).

For now we will work on a deposit of 20 Euros per rig for the pitch, plus the half the cost of the meal. This means that for a rig with two adults the deposit would be 20 Euros plus 15 Euros total 35 Euros. Pitch deposits are non-refundable, though we will carry them forward for up to 12 months if the visit here has to be postponed. I regret that meal deposits will not be refundable as we have to pay these over when booking the meal.

We can accept deposits by credit card; the holder should ring us on our lo-cost line 0844 232 8500 (3p main from BT lines) with their credit card to hand, and we'll take the details.

End Quote

So there we have it, all the info we need at the current time. If you have any queries let us know, if I can't answer them I'm sure Bob and Di will.

Isn't it nice to have something to look forward to - it beats looking at the bad weather don't it:ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Put me down as a definate,(Pammy says so)
What a cracking deal 20% savings I'd pay even if I wasn't going:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Wec went last august. Bob & Di are nice people, ready and willing to help you out if your in a jam. We are in France for the daughter in laws birthday then so wont be able to make it.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
rallie

Hi All

Would some newbies be welcome at this meet ?? we will be in France then and hopefuuly should be able to come would be great to join you all, as new motorhomers this will be our first trip to France (always tugged before) we have 2 grandchildren who always travel with us 13 and 9 will there be kids on this meet?, looks good fun,

Sue

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Parc Verger

Where exactly is this site? sounds great so will give it some thought for summer hol!

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hey Pammy put us on the list!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Been thinking about doing a France trip in the summer so this could be the excuse we need!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Already here

Well we are already at Parc Verger and have been for the last week and the way things are going, we might still be here in August? lol. Love it here, great hosts and lovely surroundings.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi!

I'll be there too !!.... i hope nothing will interfere in the meantime....But have already booked a tent pitch, since i don't have any motorhome:Blush: still it sounds very nice to me, a little tent for a little frog... perfect!

Bob and Di will tell me when it's time to send the deposit!
Anyway i wanted to let you know, and hope to meet many funsters!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi All

Would some newbies be welcome at this meet ?? we will be in France then and hopefuuly should be able to come would be great to join you all, as new motorhomers this will be our first trip to France (always tugged before) we have 2 grandchildren who always travel with us 13 and 9 will there be kids on this meet?, looks good fun,

Sue

Hi Sue, newbies, oldies - everyone's welcome at this meet.:ROFLMAO:

I will gladly add you to the list - see you there.:thumb:

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hey Pammy put us on the list!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Been thinking about doing a France trip in the summer so this could be the excuse we need!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi Marie, great to hear from you - hope you are having better weather than us - forecast -10 tonight here in Mansfield. .

Will be great to see you at Parc Verger.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi!

I'll be there too !!.... i hope nothing will interfere in the meantime....But have already booked a tent pitch, since i don't have any motorhome:Blush: still it sounds very nice to me, a little tent for a little frog... perfect!

Bob and Di will tell me when it's time to send the deposit!
Anyway i wanted to let you know, and hope to meet many funsters!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Hi Frankie - glad that Bob and Di will be able to find a space for you. I will add you to our list of attendees. See you there.

Pammy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back