Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
This afternoon I opened an e-mail from Vicarious books containing the £1 off pre-order
offer for All The Aires.
I clicked on their link and got the Blue screen. laptop re-booted and I tried again ,with the same result.
I then went up to my desktop,clicked on the same link and had no problems.

So,what can crash one machine but not another ?
Mike

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Might be your anti virus software
We had a similar problem and found it was AVG anti virus causing the problem
Hope this helps ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
Annoying isn't it, just ordered the books via their link on iPad and all ok, could it be you are running a different operating system on the two computers.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
May be you already had a problem in your comp and that as the last thing to set it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I logged on today ok this morning then went off then went back on again about 1 hour later and comp would not let me log on just saying servive not working???? no matter how many times I turned it off and rebooted it would not let me sign on, so I rebboted in secure mode and as able to get comp to go back to yesterday and hey ho all was ok and it let me sign on, so can only think something was already in comp and next time I signed in BLAMO Hope you get it sorted mate.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
In my experience, that sounds like it could be a driver problem. Or a browser problem.

To rule out your laptop, try opening the link in a different browser. If you normally use Chrome try Firefox and visa versa.

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
In my experience, that sounds like it could be a driver problem. Or a browser problem.

To rule out your laptop, try opening the link in a different browser. If you normally use Chrome try Firefox and visa versa.

Just opened link in Chrome -I usually use IE (I know,I know lol) Then just as a test I opened it in IE with no probs. :madder:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back