Still not quite got this motorhoming lark (2 Viewers)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
...so we have come up to Sheffield at VanComfort's place for them to make us some external blinds:xThumb:

We are going to be about 3 hours - but realised we haven't thought about what we are going to do while we wait.....we haven't even put any water in so's we can make a cuppa:xdoh:xroll:

We've still got alot to learn:xrofl:

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Nows the time to sit down and make notes on what you should have done and what you need to do in the future
That's a very good idea, meanwhile I'm hoping the rain stops and we can perhaps have a wander and find a cafe or somethingx:-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a big sunbrella (parasol, hee hee), I spy with my little eye................................................................

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Are you at their Retford workshop, if so ask them to drop you in the town centre which is not far away.
No, that's where I thought we were coming but their workshop is in Killamarsh. Not too bad, I just managed to flag down one of those little vans that deliver food, we've just had bacon butties:xrofl:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yep, they're all in the car, 3 at the last count if I remember:xrofl:

Debs, I'm a tad forgetful but Mrs BB has lists, more lists than you can shake a stick at in fact, some are fabloned and we use chinagraph pencils to tick things off.............this prevents me driving off with the gas on or God Forbid the grey drain open, or with the EHU lead still connected to the bollard etc, etc. We used these lists even when we were 'young':cry: like you!:xThumb:
Good luck with the fitting!

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Debs, I'm a tad forgetful but Mrs BB has lists, more lists than you can shake a stick at in fact, some are fabloned and we use chinagraph pencils to tick things off.............this prevents me driving off with the gas on or God Forbid the grey drain open, or with the EHU lead still connected to the bollard etc, etc. We used these lists even when we were 'young':cry: like you!:xThumb:
Good luck with the fitting!
I have to use lists for everything Bertie, lists of lists even.:xshout:

I had got out of the habit with being used to the caravan you see,got a bit complacent and thought we knew it all:xdoh:.....back to square one for me:getmecoat:

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Youse will be learning for ever but it does get easier and easier everytime B-) just learn to argue less lol
Not argued alot since having the mh funnily enough - now putting the awning up with the caravan was usually a scene to behold, never learned so many new words:xrofl:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
No, that's where I thought we were coming but their workshop is in Killamarsh. Not too bad, I just managed to flag down one of those little vans that deliver food, we've just had bacon butties:xrofl:

It's a pity the weather's not better otherwise you could have gone for a walk round Rother Valley Country Park which is just down the road.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It's a pity the weather's not better otherwise you could have gone for a walk round Rother Valley Country Park which is just down the road.
Yes, saw the signs, our friends come up here quite often, it's only about 40 mins from us.

Looks like we are done anyways:xThumb:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes, saw the signs, our friends come up here quite often, it's only about 40 mins from us.

Looks like we are done anyways:xThumb:

What's the first impressions Debs?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@DevonBeekeeper cheers, enjoyed the music :xrofl: Bought a little smile, just had close my eyes to the pics ....bah humbug.

We are home now,via Worksop A60 and Les reminiscing as that used to be his old work area:xrofl:

@Bertie Bassett can I reserve judgement till we've tried them please? We've also had the duvalay topper this week so as I keep saying to Les we have to go away and try them. Looking at Moreton in the Marsh/Broadway just after New Year or even local to us Clumber Park.x:-)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just over a year in now & still learning every day:) We were experienced caravanners but motorhomes are a whole new world & a total culture change - all for the better though! Hope you do get to try out the new Duvalay & blinds soon...

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just over a year in now & still learning every day:) We were experienced caravanners but motorhomes are a whole new world & a total culture change - all for the better though! Hope you do get to try out the new Duvalay & blinds soon...
Yes - it is so different to having a caravan, can't believe it. The main one I think, for me, is that it's no longer about just getting to the destination. I remember several people said that to me when I first came on the site and I just didn't appreciate what they meant - learning now thoughx:-)
I have been in the van and had a lie down though, just to try, felt great:xThumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We had our screen done by Silver screens - was a bit doubtful when he said they would fit (Pilote A class) but when they arrived they fit perfectly - hope yours are as good a fit. Van comfort have a good reputation

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We are going to be about 3 hours - but realised we haven't thought about what we are going to do while we wait.....we haven't even put any water in so's we can make a cuppa:xdoh:xroll:

We've still got alot to learn:xrofl:

Tip from me, we never drink the water in our tanks anyway, so we always have bottled water in our MH

Even if you do intend to drink your tank water having a bottle of water will always come in useful

:xThumb:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes - it is so different to having a caravan, can't believe it. The main one I think, for me, is that it's no longer about just getting to the destination. I remember several people said that to me when I first came on the site and I just didn't appreciate what they meant - learning now thoughx:-)
I have been in the van and had a lie down though, just to try, felt great:xThumb:

You can't beat the Duvalay toppers Debs, Margaret's got a bad back so I got her a 5cm topper, then when I saw how good it was one for me and a couple of weeks back they had a sale, I think after a heads up from Wombles, we got one for our King size and one for the spare for those occasions when I'm banished to the nether regions! Amazing difference to the sleep patterns and Margaret's back.............now no problem for her! :xThumb::xThumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Tip from me, we never drink the water in our tanks anyway, so we always have bottled water in our MH

Even if you do intend to drink your tank water having a bottle of water will always come in useful

Thanks - I know some people do but don't think we would. It just never occurred to me to fill up the water bottle, I even moved it out of the way when checking everything was secure before leavingxroll:.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Couldn't agree more David, but we have now got a second Brita Maxtra which fits neatly into the fridge. Botttled water ischeap as chips abroad but here it's ott price wise.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
You can't beat the Duvalay toppers Debs, Margaret's got a bad back so I got her a 5cm topper, then one I saw how good it was one for me and a couple of weeks back they had a sale, I think after a heads up from Wombles, we got one for our King size and one for the spare for those occasions when I'm banished to the nether regions! Amazing difference to the sleep patterns and Margaret's back.............now no problem for her! :xThumb::xThumb:
Yes, got ours after Wombles post and I have a bad back. Our drop down is loads better than the caravan but I still struggle sometimes so I'm hoping for good things - just got to get christmas out of the way so we can go :xrofl:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes, got ours after Wombles post and I have a bad back. Our drop down is loads better than the caravan but I still struggle sometimes so I'm hoping for good things - just got to get christmas out of the way so we can go :xrofl:

The worlds your oyster! That's what I love about the van, always loaded and ready to go if/when we get itchy feet!:xThumb:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Couldn't agree more David, but we have now got a second Brita Maxtra which fits neatly into the fridge. Botttled water ischeap as chips abroad but here it's ott price wise.
Sainsbury's do 5 litre bottles for about £1.20, this is what we use for drinking water, we have 3 in the van. And to be honest, we re-fill them from the tap at home because they are great water carriers.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Sainsbury's do 5 litre bottles for about £1.20, this is what we use for drinking water, we have 3 in the van. And to be honest, we re-fill them from the tap at home because they are great water carriers.

Ditto, always carry two empty and use them to restock when the right hose connection isn't available and for when the filter's run out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back