Newbie , draining main tank ducato mobilvitta 61 (1 Viewer)

Tracey

Free Member
Dec 14, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Fiat mobilvitta
Exp
Hi all picked up my first motorhome today , yahoo , moilvetta 61 2000 plate . Still learning all the bits but need some help
How do I drain the main water tank that is situated under seat ? I've looked underneath but can't find any taps
There are two black handles at rear and when I pull these lots of water comes out I am presuming waste ? But water tank remains full ?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure of your model spec but some tanks have an access lid that you remove then the drain is inside... mine is such.

if you have 2 handles underneath one will be waste whats the other? it could be the main water tank.

ohh.. and welcome to Fun:xThumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tracey

Free Member
Dec 14, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Fiat mobilvitta
Exp
Enjoying it already, I've pulled both black levers but these don't drain main tank, under the sat here is a big white tank with a fill up hole on the outside wall for fresh water , I've opened every hatch , it's driving me mad , want to drain down as don't know how long waters been in there

It's a fiat ducato mobilvetta 61

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If like mine where the water tank is inside the MH under one of the seats that form part of bed, then there probably is no drain. Mine does not have one as everything is run inside the vehicle , I assume for winter use, & the only exception is the grey waste tank which is outside right at the back.
Hope this helps & welcome to Fun ! :xThumb::welc:

Upvote 0

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi all picked up my first motorhome today , yahoo , moilvetta 61 2000 plate . Still learning all the bits but need some help
How do I drain the main water tank that is situated under seat ? I've looked underneath but can't find any taps
There are two black handles at rear and when I pull these lots of water comes out I am presuming waste ? But water tank remains full ?
Hi I have the same thing with my Talbot express grey waste tap outside for sink and one for basin/shower but nothing for water tank under bed unlike my last van, so when I come back from Christmas holiday I will 1/4 fill water tank with water put some Milton sterilizer in leave it a couple of days then turn cold on, and waste tap on and let it drain down, sounds like a waste of water but you will clean fresh tank for new season. hope this helps don't forget to drain down hot water, it's the big white plastic screw below vent on the outside.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tracey

Free Member
Dec 14, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Fiat mobilvitta
Exp
Thanks everyone for advice , looks like I'm going to have to turn taps on and open waste to drain , got lots of little jobs to do but it's all new and exciting

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If your tank has a large (7"or 8") screwed cap on top, maybe red or black, then take off/unscrew the cap and have a feel inside on the tank bottom.

There may be a removable bung.....remove it and water should flow out of a drain in the van floor.

Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
On mine, not the same make, when I lift the seat, there is a large 7/8" screw in cap but near that is a small 2/3" hand screw which on turning empties the water from the tank under the van.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tracey

Free Member
Dec 14, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Fiat mobilvitta
Exp
On top of tank there is a large cap will try looking inside tank later. Thanks

Upvote 0

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
On top of tank there is a large cap will try looking inside tank later. Thanks
On my ex Mobilvetta Kimu my drain tap was beside the tank under the seat, had to look very carefully as could hardly see it but was on the outside of the tank between the tank and the inlet pipe could feel it more than see it and turned it and tank emptied underneath the van under tank and nowhere near my grey waste outlet, good luck Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back