Benimar. (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Does anybody have any experience of the Benimar make of MoHo?
Curious, as Marquis have now started "exclusively" importing them.
Has anybody got one or know of the build quality etc?
TIA
John

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Does anybody have any experience of the Benimar make of MoHo?
Curious, as Marquis have now started "exclusively" importing them.
Has anybody got one or know of the build quality etc?
TIA
John

They look like a really nice van IMHO

The magazines have said that build quality and finish are really high too.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I tried to look at one at a Marquis event where they were advertized as being on display, but they were nowhere to be seen. When I asked if I could see one (and stood next to me was another chap who had also come to see one) we were told that we would have to stump up £250 for the privilege. They said it was refundable but I couldn't help thinking that the payment was to put some pressure on you to buy. They then said I could drive to one of their branches on the other side of the country to look at a stock model which I agreed to do, subject to them calling me before I set out the next day just to confirm it was going to be there when I had driven the 100+ miles. I am still waiting for the call.......... Buy a Chausson instead. They look similar and are certainly easier to view!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dickieo

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
Cantoria . Spain .
Funster No
MH
Coach Built .
Exp
Two Years ...
Benimar . very good Motorhomes , They do not fall apart like some I could mention . ( No names , No packdrill .

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We have the Mileo 290 on a Transit 140bhp, which is 3 years old now and are very pleased with it, having used it in UK in winter no problem. Same as chausson, bt sure which model.

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I tried to look at one at a Marquis event where they were advertized as being on display, but they were nowhere to be seen. When I asked if I could see one (and stood next to me was another chap who had also come to see one) we were told that we would have to stump up £250 for the privilege. They said it was refundable but I couldn't help thinking that the payment was to put some pressure on you to buy. They then said I could drive to one of their branches on the other side of the country to look at a stock model which I agreed to do, subject to them calling me before I set out the next day just to confirm it was going to be there when I had driven the 100+ miles. I am still waiting for the call.......... Buy a Chausson instead. They look similar and are certainly easier to view!
Fortunately for me there is one in our local Marquis which I am going to look at tomorrow. Never having heard of them before I thought I would ask here for any opinions. :xThumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I had one for two and a half years. Seemed fine. Few problems with it but think they were caused by previous owner ( awning possibly flipped up at some time, loosened screws causing leak)

Last edited:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There's a few videos, pics and loads of bumf on the Marquis website and a review up-coming next month by a guy called Andy Jenkinson in Scottish Caravanner.

The 'Mileo 201' scooped Compact Motorhome of the Year 2015 sponsored by MMM and 'Which'.

Can't see a National Company like Marquis stocking them if they were duff. They look pretty good, stylish and solid. There's 5 models with prices from £42,995

Regards
James

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Just spoken to someone in Torquay who has a Benimar. Has had problems with leaks ----but remember her motorhome is a Y reg (2001) as was mine. I. Sure they've come on a lot since then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back