LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I had to have my cat Freddie PTS this morning.

He was originally from Cyprus and had a happy life in France and UK, enjoyed travelling in the motorhome and used to walk around sites on a lead and harness.

Last year he had a tumour removed, which also involved removing one entire ear. Unfortunately, the tumour recurred, deep inside his middle ear.

Very sad, I shall miss him.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's sad. My wife has a cousin in London who has a cat with both ears removed after cancer, now has a spot on it's nose but it is 17 years old so a good long life. Oh and it's a good job it has good eyesight

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I feel for you. It's a dreadful time that we all go through when we have animals. Just think of the quality of life you gave Freddie. You obviously did the very best for him and had his best interests at heart.

RIP Freddie.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
So sorry to hear your news particularly as I know just how you feel. We very recently lost our beloved cat Garfield to cancer. He was my best mate (constantly checking on me) and I still miss him

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry to read this. Pets are just so much part of the family, infact sometimes more, so I know you will be hurting right now. Try and think of the good times.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry to hear of your cat but it sound like it can a very interesting life and was loved and thats all any of us want. :xThumb:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
So sorry to read your news. It's never easy to make that decision, but it's one made from love. Rip Freddie, it sounds like you had a wonderful life xx

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
So sorry for you, I think you made the right decision for him, but I reckon you must have given him a real happy life, and as as was said earlier that's as good as it gets for folk or animals.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
RIP Freddie - our rescue moggy is 18, on daily medication and is increasingly wobbly these days. It'll be like losing a family member when her time comes. All we can do is give them the best life possible for as long as possible.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
So sorry to hear about Freddie, we had to put Kevin the cat down last Sunday . He was the most wonderful vocal cat going . We miss him so much , and also feel so cruel having to put him down . I truly hated the power in saying it's now the time . We cried when it happened and even writing this I'm welling up.
All you can do is remember the good times and the love and pleasure you gave each other .

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I had to have my cat Freddie PTS this morning.

He was originally from Cyprus and had a happy life in France and UK, enjoyed travelling in the motorhome and used to walk around sites on a lead and harness.

Last year he had a tumour removed, which also involved removing one entire ear. Unfortunately, the tumour recurred, deep inside his middle ear.

Very sad, I shall miss him.

Commiserations Holly, our attachment to our pets/four legged friends proves our humanity. Sad for your loss. Bertie.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
So sorry to hear the sad news about Freddie. People who don't have or don't want pets rarely understand the sorrow of losing them.

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
So sorry to hear about Freddie, we had to put Kevin the cat down last Sunday . He was the most wonderful vocal cat going . We miss him so much , and also feel so cruel having to put him down . I truly hated the power in saying it's now the time . We cried when it happened and even writing this I'm welling up.
All you can do is remember the good times and the love and pleasure you gave each other .

You've said exactly what ive been feeling all day--hated having yo make that decision but knew I had to do it.
I'm very sorry for your loss too --Freddie ( named after Mercury) was part Turkish Van so also very vocal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back