LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now this really is an incredible use of technology---like travelling back in time!

Left click and hold on each photo, and then drag your mouse gently from left to right on the original photograph and it will be become a photo of the exact same location and view today.

Drag it back to the left and you are back in 1944! Scroll down for more of the same. Just fascinating!

http://interactive.guim.co.uk/embed/2014/apr/image-opacity-slider-master/index.html?ww2-dday

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Works on an Android tablet if you tap on the screen, keep pressing down and then slowly slide you finger left or right. It dissolves slowly from one picture to the other.

But where is it?

Edit: Weymouth it seems.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Very clever how its done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Works on an Android tablet if you tap on the screen, keep pressing down and then slowly slide you finger left or right. It dissolves slowly from one picture to the other.

But where is it?
Under each photo is the location they were taken.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

But where is it?
Thanks John, works with ipad too. Is there just 1 photo past/present though?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Brilliant".... :xThumb:

I have some old photo`s or a book depicting the one in Weymouth from one of my relatives who used to live there when all that happened... and it`s so similar.. :xgrin:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Copied from Jims earlier thread :xrofl:

I know am a bit of a dinosaur, but I still cannot understand why anyone would want to work on something the size of a fag packet instead of a laptop. Do all you ipad users still have a TV the size of a wardrobe with a 6" screen sitting in your lounge, or are these phablet things just for poor offsite freeloaders :xrofl:.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

I know am a bit of a dinosaur, but I still cannot understand why anyone would want to work on something the size of a fag packet instead of a laptop. Do all you ipad users still have a TV the size of a wardrobe with a 6" screen sitting in your lounge, or are these phablet things just for poor offsite freeloaders :xrofl:.
Oi cheeky - I'm retired, so no working for me:xrofl:
It slips into my handbag though and is handy when out and about and away in the mh. Son bought it with the idea of using it for e-books but I like a 'proper' book.....I will get round to trying at some point though.
Easier than lugging a lappy about:xThumb:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thank you for posting that Snowbird.
Of all the things that I've seen commemorating the Wars I think these photos have touched me the most. As a link showing what those brave people protected for our future, they really hit me in the gut.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We were at some of these sites in Sept, Juno beach and others, .....these photos are amazing!!!!
I'm going to have to log on the laptop and look aren't I?:xrofl:
I'll wrestle it off Les in the morning for a peekx:-)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It looks like it doesn't work on tablets, I can only switch between what I guess are the pictures at each end of the series, which is a pity.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years

Bob is using the laptop, so since he bought me the iPad, it is so much easier to use.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You didn't include the instructions for I-pad obviously.

Rotate to portrait and scroll down by the white borders, and fade with a 1 finger slow swipe.

Sorted

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Really amazing, no idea how you found these but well done and thanks for posting them. I've just sent the link to my son too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back