Dec 15, 2014
New forest
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,
I've just joined this site and I am about to order a motorhome for delivery in March , I've been looking for about 6 months , we have been jumping in and out of motorhomes every weekend , looking at all the different layouts and think we know what we will be happy with ,
the most important thing to me is where to store my golf clubs :whistle: ,
my wife is more interested in where the dogs will sit :) .
Brian

Jan 31, 2013
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Congratulation's in joining a great new hobby. I have found the Funsters to be very welcoming and laid back. Have fun!!!!!

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Welcome to the mad house, please post threads regarding grey waste, overloading etc, these threads are so much fun.:xcool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi all,
I've just joined this site and I am about to order a motorhome for delivery in March , I've been looking for about 6 months , we have been jumping in and out of motorhomes every weekend , looking at all the different layouts and think we know what we will be happy with ,
Brian
Hi Brian and welcome to the madhouse. :welc:
BTW what motorhome did you decide on ???

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Welcome to the family
John n linda .

OP
OP
Bryzzy

Bryzzy

Free Member
Dec 15, 2014
New forest
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Brian and welcome to the madhouse. :welc:
BTW what motorhome did you decide on ???

Hi Baycott , I'm still negotiating with the dealer , I'm either getting the Tribute 720 or the Auto-trail Impala 720 , both identical layout and almost the same build , but £4k difference in price , I've offered him £2k extra , I might have to start a new thread asking advice on the difference between the them (n)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Smiley%20Hello.gif

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Baycott , I'm still negotiating with the dealer , I'm either getting the Tribute 720 or the Auto-trail Impala 720 , both identical layout and almost the same build , but £4k difference in price , I've offered him £2k extra , I might have to start a new thread asking advice on the difference between the them (n)

We have been looking at the Imala 715 as we want a fixed bed. We have an Autotrail Tracker (06) at the moment and are fed up making the bed every night. It's ok for a week or so but becomes a chore for 3 or 4 weeks.
As you say, both vans seem the same so difficult choice.
Good luck with your negotiations.
Please let us know how you get on :xThumb:
John
Edit. Ask away regarding differences. Someone will have the answers I'm sure.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi we!come to fun, its very difficult buying the right motorhome first time, people say it takes 3 to get it right..............:xwink: that means we are stuck on
Panel vans. :xThumb:
:xlaugh: Bob and Janie.

:welc:

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi all,
Brian

Hi Mate, be very careful and don't believe all that the dealer tells you, the dealer is NOT YOUR FRIEND he is there to take your money I had a very bad experience see my review below. Be lucky and enjoy this terrific site, lots of lovely people. I live in Ferndown where are you? reply in confidence via the email system if you like. Lots of luck, the bowler.

4 weeks ago
Having lived and worked abroad for the last 20 years it was always my intention to purchase a motor home on my return to the UK when I retired. I spent a lot of time and effort to find the right vehicle and eventually settled on a Devon Tempest, 2 years old and with 1500 miles on the clock. What I should have done was completed the purchase after the dealer Dolphin Motor homes had done the habitation check. my mistake!. The van was sent off to their Southampton branch for the habitation certificate to be issued and in my opinion that is what they did, issued the certificate because they certainly DID NOT DO THE WORKS, the van was delivered to me with a faulty fresh water tank, waste water problem, toilet badly functioning and other jobs either done badly or not done at all.
The waste water tap was ceased and needed renewing the electrics on the fresh water system were faulty there was a bolt missing from the strike plate on the rear door the swivel seats would not swivel the radio and Sat nav system did not work along with other problems. All of these problems I was assured would be corrected but the van had to go back to Southampton as the Iford branch only has a valeting bay and not a mechanics workshop, imaging my surprise 3 days later when I phoned Southampton to be told “NO” we do not have a bay to lift the vans and our man has taken his tools to Iford to carry out the faults there, (obviously laying on his back on the floor)
The offending problems were all done bar the radio/sat nav which apparently 3 people had tried to correct, the main dealer had been contacted , who was not prepared to give free advice and eventually the MD fiddled with the system (his words not mine) and after 15 minutes did manage to solve part of the problem. I have solved the remaining fault with a friend. I now intend to have the gas check done by an independent engineer All of the running about has been at my expense and I feel that the company had no interest what so ever after my monies had been banked..
I started by explaining that I had been abroad for twenty years and am aware that the UK is named RIP OFF BRITAIN; service like this only adds fuel to the fire. IWOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back