Is the site running a little slow? (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Or is it me, I'm getting a bit of a drag with the keys too and it's making me type in slow motion

Other sites are ok??

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
OK here Debs .... must be your end!
Thanks - I've just cleared the cache and it now seems to be ok although I seem to have to do this every few days now. Prior to joining mhf I don't think I ever did that so does mhf work differently somehow......
....anyhoos I take it that the first thing to try when there seems to be a problem :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The problem can often be caused if there is a scan working in the background or a large update being downloaded.

Edit .... that would not affect just one site though.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I had the same problem a couple of days back, keys strokes taking ages to appear?, at the time all other sites were working ok, as was Word. It all seems fine now.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sometimes when you are replying/posting the software will back-up your reply and this certainly makes it slow on the text input. I had a funny one a couple of days ago when all the adds at the side positioned at the bottom of the screen with the blue header band from the site underneath, all sorts of search boxes and things I had never seen before were open.
Also sometimes I click post and it doesn't go so if you click again you end up with two appearing when you do refresh.

Cleared cache and BINGO all was OK, so although I dont know really what it means I will do it again whenever I think things are not behaving themselves.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
OK, so how to you 'clear your cache'? if it includes clearing temporary files when I do this I lose stored passwords then get in a right pickle

Also a pointer on the double posts, I have noticed that when the post is slow to appear, in the top right of the post box there is a group of three boxes that stay till posted, similar when bringing in a photo, sometimes instant sometimes a few seconds delay. If you press reply twice while that symbol is there you will get multiple posts

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK, so how to you 'clear your cache'? if it includes clearing temporary files when I do this I lose stored passwords then get in a right pickle

Also a pointer on the double posts, I have noticed that when the post is slow to appear, in the top right of the post box there is a group of three boxes that stay till posted, similar when bringing in a photo, sometimes instant sometimes a few seconds delay. If you press reply twice while that symbol is there you will get multiple posts

Hi David

If you are on Safari on a Mac you just go to Safari on the bar at the top and then down to empty cache, if not why not?.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don't know about other browsers but Firefox is Tools/Options/Advanced and Clear Cache. Tools/Options/Privacy for cookies.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi David

If you are on Safari on a Mac you just go to Safari on the bar at the top and then down to empty cache, if not why not?.
Don't know about other browsers but Firefox is Tools/Options/Advanced and Clear Cache. Tools/Options/Privacy for cookies.

Thanks both

I am not using a Mac, windows for me, but still not really sure about this cache business, will it clear all passwords? All I can find is clear temporary files, is that the same thing as cache?

Apologies for my lack of IT understanding

David

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David

If you post what we browser you are using somebody will answer your question I am sure, my guess would be that all your login data will be OK, well it was for me on Safari.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
It was running real slow for me on Sunday using ipad. Appears better now.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'm finding it a bit slow at the moment I'm using an iPad seem slow to load pages.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Has been very slow to load and sometimes you have to try several times. I thought it was the site internet connection but is the same on my mifi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back