Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks

Can anybody recommend a good wax polish for the bus. Not a shampoo or black streak cleaner.

Cheers

Jim :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Carnuba wax has long been the best.
try ebay
Link Removed

of course you have a big van so

Link Removed

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Auto Glym has been a long time trade preferance, all products Link Removedavailable at any good motor shop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
we recently went to Eura mobil in Germany, where we were discussing polishes, they recommended a product called m50, tried it there it was very good, it is for GRP and not for cars, they said if you can't find it go to a boat yard and get something for boats

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I use MER, im not recomending it as you would have to see if its for your van. all I know is that when I use it it's ace for my van/:ROFLMAO:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
You can also dilute MER 50/50 with water and spray it on with a small hand sprayer for in between polishes.
Dont try the dilition trick (As suggested on the bottle) as it coveres things you cant always get to.

In my experience MER is good but.
1. You have to have a clean van first so take time to do this properly.
2. You have to take your time so if you can get sometone to help you this makes the job more pleasant else thing about 3-4 hrs to properly wax a 22 ft MH
3. Keep a good supply of clean cloths (old flanelette sheets are good) as the cloth will get soaked in dirty wax and if you keep using this it will wax dirt back in.

Its better when applied in full sun as it goes off quicker but wear sunglassed. I have to as the white of the van and the sun give me a headache.

Phill

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
You can also dilute MER 50/50 with water and spray it on with a small hand sprayer for in between polishes.
Dont try the dilition trick (As suggested on the bottle) as it coveres things you cant always get to.

In my experience MER is good but.
1. You have to have a clean van first so take time to do this properly.
2. You have to take your time so if you can get sometone to help you this makes the job more pleasant else thing about 3-4 hrs to properly wax a 22 ft MH
3. Keep a good supply of clean cloths (old flanelette sheets are good) as the cloth will get soaked in dirty wax and if you keep using this it will wax dirt back in.

Its better when applied in full sun as it goes off quicker but wear sunglassed. I have to as the white of the van and the sun give me a headache.

Phill

Thanks for that Phil.
I to dilute it and use it through a spray bottle after washing with fenwicks. I pump up a spray bottle and spray the van and then rinse with water. Comes up like new every time. :thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi Folks

Can anybody recommend a good wax polish for the bus. Not a shampoo or black streak cleaner.

Cheers

Jim :Smile:
You really sure you want a wax polish? It's damned hard work on a car, let alone doing a motorhome!

As most have pointed out Autoglym is probably about the best polish, but thats not wax....it's a synthetic liquid polish.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
there is a company up in Middleborough who make polishes resins and glues, but can't remember their name, they make a polish for Boeing aircraft, it is so good that it lowers the drag on an aircraft and increase it fuel economy, I worked for a company who used to buy this product and resale it (but their no longer in business) and having used it would say it is the best product ever. unfortunity can't tell you their name or the name of the product, but would reconise it if i heard it, so if anyone Knows who or what it was let us know

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
there is a company up in Middleborough who make polishes resins and glues, but can't remember their name, they make a polish for Boeing aircraft, it is so good that it lowers the drag on an aircraft and increase it fuel economy.
Blimey! :whatthe:

So now you know folks just how to make your ploddering motorhome zing along like an F-16!! :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back