Anyone visited C&C site Waltham on Thames?. (1 Viewer)

carol ilfracombe

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Ilfracombe Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
15months + 4years before
Has anyone been on the Camping and Caravanning site at Waltham on Thames south of London.? If you have can you let me know if there is a short cut to walk to the Train Station? I will be staying there while my daughter is in Hospital in London for 3 weeks and will be comuting every day.Ido not walk too well so if it is some distance i may nrrd to get a taxi each way which will add to my costs greatly. Any ideas or local knowledge please. Carol Slinn.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Carol, as we have many members in the London area I'm sure someone will be able to sort you out. Congratulations on your first post. The first of many I'm sure. Just a thought maybe there is parking at the station.
Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If you mean the site at Walton on Thames it is 1.3 miles from Hersham Station almost direct route, no shortcuts. However there are an awful lot of parking spaces around the station. Where you could maybe wild, or just park for the day. Check out google earth. You could take stan with you drive to the station then he could drive back to the site and pick you up later.

Last edited:

bmwtouring

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Motorhome
Hi carol, do you mean Walton on Thames? if you do, are you aware that you have to use your own sanitation? no toilets or shower block.
Chertsey is nearby and very nice

OP
OP
C

carol ilfracombe

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Ilfracombe Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
15months + 4years before
If you mean the site at Walton on Thames it is 1.3 miles from Hersham Station almost direct route, no shortcuts. However there are an awful lot of parking spaces around the station. Where you could maybe wild, or just park for the day. Check out google earth. You could take stan with you drive to the station then he could drive back to the site and pick you up later.
Stan will b staying here, in any case he does not drive. i will look on Google earth and ask at the station about leaving a mobility scooter there, i will need to get one sometime. Thanks Carol.:Smile:

OP
OP
C

carol ilfracombe

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Ilfracombe Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
15months + 4years before
Hi carol, do you mean Walton on Thames? if you do, are you aware that you have to use your own sanitation? no toilets or shower block.
Chertsey is nearby and very nice
I am aware of this and have my own shower and toilet. I am looking at keeping the costs down as i may be there for up to 4 weeks while my daughter has sevral brain operations. i will be going in by train and bus most days to see her. Thanks Carol.:Smile:

bmwtouring

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Motorhome
Hi carol,
I am sorry could not have been more help and I hope all goes well with your daughters operations.
Kev

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I am aware of this and have my own shower and toilet. I am looking at keeping the costs down as i may be there for up to 4 weeks while my daughter has sevral brain operations. i will be going in by train and bus most days to see her. Thanks Carol.:Smile:

All the Best to Your Daughter Carol.We wish her well.

I used to live around that area and have visited the site some years ago now.

Always found the Walton site pretty basic.We tend to use the Chertsey site.Is she having it done in London?

The Chertsey site is open all year round as far as I am aware.It does have a "super pitch" option too.

Last edited:
B

builderjohn

Deleted User
Has anyone been on the Camping and Caravanning site at Waltham on Thames south of London.? If you have can you let me know if there is a short cut to walk to the Train Station? I will be staying there while my daughter is in Hospital in London for 3 weeks and will be comuting every day.Ido not walk too well so if it is some distance i may nrrd to get a taxi each way which will add to my costs greatly. Any ideas or local knowledge please. Carol Slinn.

Carol Hi

There is a good Bus service at the end of the lane at this site that calls at the Train Station.
Shirley & myself have stayed there several times, the Natives are friendly, a good level site, Parakeets in the hundreds roost in the trees.

Enjoy your stay

Builder john

May 22, 2008
Funster No
We stayed there some time ago and as I remember the site is at the end of a long lane after some houses we almost thought we had gone wrong, we parked at the back of the site as we didn't need electric along side the river, this turned out to be a mistake as opposite side of the river was a sewage works which was discharging into the river and was very smelly, strangely people were fishing in the river at the same time.:Eeek::Eeek:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Carol Hi

There is a good Bus service at the end of the lane at this site that calls at the Train Station.
Shirley & myself have stayed there several times, the Natives are friendly, a good level site, Parakeets in the hundreds roost in the trees.

Enjoy your stay

Builder john

So the idea is not to park up UNDER the trees then John.......:ROFLMAO:

I've heard them and they're a noisy lot.

Francine

Free Member
Aug 20, 2008
Funster No

Intend to use this site when my daughter has her baby in June -going up for a reckie next w/e . I need to get across towards the railway!! I am assured you can- path towards Imber Road. !5 mins i think
I'll let you know
F

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back