Brittany ferries Cape Finisterre (1 Viewer)

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Sailing to Spain on this ship next week, seems it's the old Superfast ferry that used to sail from Rosyth, anyone been on since Brittany Ferries took it over?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are onboard at the moment. Not the best ship we have been on, but certainly not the worst.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's ok .

Check out the bar on the top deck for food

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
It's Ok as long as you're not expecting to be on a cruise liner. It's clean and the beds are reasonably comfortable.
2 berth cabins are small and one of you needs to be quite fit to climb up to the top bunk.
We pay the extra for a 4 berth cabin and then don't have to bother with top bunks.
We spend most of the voyage in the cabin sleeping.
Breakfast is excellent.
Don't forget to take a kettle and tea/coffee makings and a continental plug adaptor in the cabin. Being tight arses we always take plenty of food in the cabin to last the journey too.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
yep we have been on that ferry, not the best but it's a ferry not a cruise liner, as said top deck for food then bring down to the bar area to eat it it's cold on top, we book a two berth outside with singe beds, also as above we take kettle and food to use on the trip, never had any probs with it. Pete

Ps we are on it again on the 4th Jan, its the 2 night crossing which I do not care for but it gets in to Bilboa early which is what we want to get down country.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Thanks folks, sounds just like it was when it was called Superfast 5, I remember a very rough winter crossing from Rosyth to Zebrugge when the waves were breaking on the restaurant windows, everyone was sick, except me, the staff gave me all the wine they left on the tables and I crawled to bed some hours later, totally hammered!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I had a school trip to Germany like that! They had ordered chicken & chips for all of us (remember chicken in a basket?!).

Never eaten so much chicken in my life. After boarding school rations I thought I was in heaven!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back