LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Any ideas ?
Everytime the phone rings and is answered or we make a call we lose our internet connection. Then have to wait until call ends to reconnect, bloody frustrating.
Haven't rung Sky as the last time I had a problem it took 4 months to fix and last time I had a BT problem it was 2 years and never got fixed. Would rather not expose my self to the stress of speaking to them unless absolutely necessary as I'm guaranteed to get wound up.

Deleted User
Have you tried a new micro filter. I had the same problem a while back and a new filter sorted it out.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Have you tried a new micro filter. I had the same problem a while back and a new filter sorted it out.

Thanks
No is that the little white box that goes in the phone plug ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
No guarantee that will fix it. May be worth waiting to see if anyone else has other thoughts about what it could be.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
The same thing has just started happening with us on Bt changed micro filter still happens with us
It is since they have got fibre optic to village
The broadband goes off and on regular as well but only for seconds
Is it a ploy to make us change to fibre optic?
I hope there is a fix

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Micro filter or have you plugged a phone into a socket before the micro filter ?

You really need.....

Incoming line---------->Master Socket--->MicroFilter.

Then

All Phones<-----------------------------------MicroFilter--->Broadband Router.

In other words the broadband router is plugged in right next to the master socket via the filter. Do not have the router on any form of extension.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Sounds like microfilter to me... I know it's BT bull but really try unplugging everything and starting from scratch.. if you have more then one filter try each one in turn with nothing else except the broadband and a single phone connected..

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Found Sky very helpful if long winded the couple of times I had problems. We did have a line fault up the road a year or so back when they sent a BT engineer out and he was very good, sorted that first, tested everything and fitted a new master socket which needed no filter, bypassed the old junction box in the loft to cut out more problems. Never been so good until I had connection problems with my printer a month ago and b******d up my internet connection by trying to input the printer ISP address. Two hours on the phone to get it back up.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I had a similar problem last year .... numerous calls to BT & they kept saying the problem was in my home and not their line so it would cost me £99 for an engineer. Eventually, having disconnected all phones and computers in the house except one pc plugged directly into their test socket (behind the master socket) I proved the problem was outside. They then agreed to send someone but it would most likely cost me ..... it took three separate engineers and visits to sort the problem although they all agreed it was a fault in their line at different points up the road. The last one finally checked and found they had originally brought the line into the house using "indoor" cable which had corroded inside.
The whole thing was a total nightmare as they will not accept responsability and treat all customers as morons.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like microfilter to me... I know it's BT bull but really try unplugging everything and starting from scratch.. if you have more then one filter try each one in turn with nothing else except the broadband and a single phone connected..
As said....try them all in turn.

Every phone outlet in the house MUST have a filter and the one the modem is plugged into isnt neccessarily the one at fault.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I must say we are so pleased to be on cable, so many horror stories from BT and Sky users. We have even unplugged our land line because of cold callers, if anyone wants us our mobiles are always switched on.
Our eldest lad has just got a place of his own and is also having a nightmare with BT or whatever they are called this week.
Good luck with your problem and hope for a quick fix for you.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not always the case John, when the engineer came to fix my fault he replaced the master socket with one that eliminates the use of micro filters anywhere else in the house .... much better and tidier.
Havent heard of that....but i do believe you.
i guess it depends when it was installed....our have been in years.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Fixed thanks guys (y)

2 new filters £5.00 each job done

Microfilter fitted to router and phone as on different sides of room.

Better than having to speak to Sky
As it worked for you I've just tried another filter and so far so good so two filters must be faulty but it seems to be fixed

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't forget to make sure you have a filter on your Sky box too if it's connected to a phone line.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back