Remis Roof Light Condensation? (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Has anyone experienced a problem with condensation collecting inside the inner ceiling trim of a Remis roof light?? Checked the truck after the recent heavy rain, fine, but decided to pop down yesterday following the three night cold snap, and it appears that water is dripping, (in tiny quantities), from the edge of the inner plastic ceiling trim. Checked today following a night of heavy rain and sleet, nothing....... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Any ideas???

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Got any pictures? I have a Remis on mine but don't experience the problems you're having. I'll check mine tomorrow morning and see if there's any condensation.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
could it be frost condensation?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Got any pictures? I have a Remis on mine but don't experience the problems you're having. I'll check mine tomorrow morning and see if there's any condensation.
OK, this is the model.......

remis.jpg

And this is the inner. It is formed on the inside by a series of box sections, (probably to give it strength). It 'lives' inside the outer main window unit, and only touches the van on the lip. It seems as though the box sections are filling with water......But not when it rains. The water drip is showing at the red arrows. Is it possible for these box sections to condensate inside??????

remis1.jpg

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry Toots, mine is completely different to yours. Hopefully someone will come along soon with an answer for you.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Wet days, grey skies. No solar gain. Cold days, bright skies. M/H warms up through the day encouraging any existing dampness into the air. Van cools down when the suns gone. Roof light cools relatively quickly. Airborne moisture condenses on coolest bits. Drip.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
My Bolero used to have condensation on inner metal surfaces when I first bought it, I learned that cracking open a side window a fraction has eliminated it, I also have an oil filled radiator plugged in , set on the frost setting, no trouble lately.

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Always a problem keeping your van outdoors, mine lives in a heated garage along with my race bikes, no need to drain down in winter and always ready to go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back