Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Has anyone else suffered with this problem. everytime we are away in the Van and visit large stores with the enormous car parks we always attempt to park in the nice big empty spaces away from the store. Every time we return to the van there will be a car parked next to the van even though there are no hundreds of empty spaces.
Today we were returning from York and visited the Asda Superstore, car park the size of two football pitches drove right to the back parked and walked to the store. Returned to van two hours later car parked right next to my drivers door had to crawl into the space to get in, loads of spaces empty?.:Angry:
Then to Homebase, again picked spot away from the store came out one car parked next to side door could not get my trolley anywhere near, again empty spaces all round. Had to move the van before we could open any doors on that side.So bloody angry forgot to get me quid out of trolley when i took it back.:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We also try to park in plenty of space as you do. So far we've never experienced problems when we got back to the van - even at the Metro Centre where it does get pretty crowded.

Maybe it's your magnetic personality ::bigsmile:

Graham

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We too try to park away from everyone else but have never experienced this problem. Maybe its the big barky dog in the motorhome that puts them off:winky:.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You're not alone this has happened to us. The only door we could open was the drivers door, and with a trolleyful of shopping that was no good :Angry:. Luckily the teenaged owner of the elderly Ford that was practically leaning against our side in an otherwise empty row returned. The missus gave him a piece of her mind and he removed himself, no doubt he would have been dead stroppy if I'd told him off, but I don't think he knew what to do about 5ft of angry woman:roflmto:.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
A bit like Sod's Law or Murphy's Law, I too experience this sort of thing such as when in a traffic queue I always seem to pick the wrong lane and if I change lane that then becomes the slower lane:Angry::Angry:

At toll booths I always end up behind the person that has no money or stalls the car or what ever, so that all the other booths are much faster:Angry:

Or in the bank or post office I always sem to get behind a person who is paying in ÂŁ100's in 50 pences and the drawing it out in 20 pence pieces.:Angry:

Finally but there are lots more at the supemarket I try to pick the shortest queue but then end up behind someone whose credit card is out of date, or they have forgotten their pin number or one of their purchases won't scan so tha t the long queue I chose to ignore serves 2 or 3 more customers in the time it takes me to get served:Angry:

Regards Pat

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
wy not use four bays that will stop them :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
wy not use four bays that will stop them :ROFLMAO:

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

I Like your style.. we usually use up at least six... and park across them :thumb:

Not encountered it in the UK as most super market car parks are too small for us, but have seen it in Spain and France, the reason being, ............................

to keep cool............ they like to park in the shadow of a big van.. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
The best example I had was when we went to the show at the NEC last year again found a spot out of the way. Just about to have something to eat when a 4x4 pulled up alongside us and the Driver asked me if i would fold my mirrors in so he could get out.:Eeek:
Opened my door to see loads of spaces, told him NO if you see what I mean. Going to change me after shave.:ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Used to do the remote spot parking but like others found that very often a berk would park right beside me ! Lord knows why.. I am as baffled as others..

Nowadays I park anywhere ( inc across a few bays, but more often the right way in but taking up two bays ) and hey presto, no more problem ( and that baffles me even more !!!! :Eeek: ::bigsmile: )

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Returned to van two hours later car parked right next to my drivers door had to crawl into the space to get in, loads of spaces empty?.:Angry:

its the subconcious herding instinct. people do the same on CL's.....5 acre field and they have to park 15ft from you:Doh:

what you should have done, if there was a space on the other side of the car, was to go round and park close to their drivers door. sit and wait for the look on their face and ask how they like it...:ROFLMAO::winky:.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We always park away from everyone this time of year.

hi sharon,

that was the point of the post. you park in a quite corner away from everyone and some idiot comes and parks next to you.....while the rest of the carpark is vertually empty. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
This happened to us too in every supermarket in France in sun, hail, rain etc We always park at the back out of the way at the last layer nearest the road. Without fail a car would park next to us. Even in the MHome park in Cite Europe we were hemmed in though there was plenty of room .
Lucille

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
This always happens to use when parking the truck up so i thought i know i will use two bays (pay and display carpark).
Parking wardens walking round so i bought 2 tickets and displayed them in the window gets back to the truck what have i got PARKING TICKET:Eeek::Eeek:
Had a word with the wardens about it.
nothing they can do i parked over the white lines aaaaarrrrrgggghhh tried to dispute it but still had to pay 30 pound fine. So if your in a pay and display area be carefull.

passionwagon

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
somewhere in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
Has anyone else suffered with this problem. everytime we are away in the Van and visit large stores with the enormous car parks we always attempt to park in the nice big empty spaces away from the store. Every time we return to the van there will be a car parked next to the van even though there are no hundreds of empty spaces.
Today we were returning from York and visited the Asda Superstore, car park the size of two football pitches drove right to the back parked and walked to the store. Returned to van two hours later car parked right next to my drivers door had to crawl into the space to get in, loads of spaces empty?.:Angry:
Then to Homebase, again picked spot away from the store came out one car parked next to side door could not get my trolley anywhere near, again empty spaces all round. Had to move the van before we could open any doors on that side.So bloody angry forgot to get me quid out of trolley when i took it back.:ROFLMAO:
:thumb:Let's be reasonable-they want the shade:Cool:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
car parks

yo
and don't they always seem to be old battered cars.
must be the magnetic personality of our motorhomes, or they are coming for a nosey, doesn't look too suspicious if they park at he side of you.
had that one at cite europe loads of parking spaces, little fiat cicequento making love to my camper.

live long and prosper :Smile:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
we were on hols this year went into tesco at minehead drove round and round nowhere to park .van is 22ft .
a car pulls out next to were a motorhome is parked
.i start to pull in when out jumps the motorhome owner and stops me to say you cannot park next to me i want to make a cup of tea ,have you not heard of the 6mt gap between campers when parked. i will not print my reply :ROFLMAO:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
It's the same on campsites.

We help out at the beginning of the season on our friend's campsite in France. We use a space not too close to the facilities and one that is not normally too popular with the campers.

Quite often if we go out for the day, take the dogs for a walk etc we return home to find idiots parked in the adjacent bays.

I find that Dutch campers are often the main culprits but Brits are not far behind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back