Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A new topic , I'll kick off.
This diddy heater was recommended to me by Ludo (Rex&Janet) I am completely satisfied with its safety and performance. I stand it on the floor at the end of our island bed facing the front of the van. So far I have mainly used it on half heat 750watts and it just keeps things cosy. I'm quite sure that this coming weekend at Bridlington CC in the forecast cold weather that it will triumph without resorting to my gas blown air heating too.
I am also quite happy to leave it running when we go out.
This is a link but I'm not recommending the seller it is just a reference point, you may find a better deal.
Broken Link Removed

EDIT
additionally we used to carry a 1kw bambino oil filled radiator that was quite heavy and didn't succeed as well due to no fan assist. The diddy really is diddy! and works.
Of course other 7090F owners won't have a 230volt socket back there though :cool::LOL:

Last edited:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have both sizes of Dimplex cold watcher which come in 500 or 1000 watts and have reliable frost thermostats and I keep the larger one in the mh over the winter. They can stand upright or lying down and are covered by a cage so safe if anything falls on them.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just bought one. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We recently bought two of These convector heaters for use in the van while we are spending a few week s in Aberdeen. The average outside temperature for the last week was 5C and overnight down to around -2c

Warm and Toasty (y) and the best bit is NO noise :D

They only draw 500w each so little current draw, and they are really quite small (need wall mounting tho, we just hang them up with cord)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The only thing with the Campa ones is there is a lot of difference between them coming on again (temp wise)once turned off -I have tried Campa, Dimplex and about 6 other types (cannot remember names)The best I have found so far is a Lidl one that is digital (comes with remote control) you set it at say 22 c and when it reaches the temp it turns off -then turns back on when it drops to 21 (y)Every other I have had will drop to 4 or 5 c below the 22c (say 17/18 ish)before kicking in again -It's a bit on the tall side but it's the only one I have found that keeps the temp fairly constant -all the others have a large difference thermostat wise between on and off -When Ann was alive she needed constant temp to aid her breathing -too hot no good, to cold no good- I was always up and down altering thermo settings before getting the Lidl one which I bought simply because it had the remote, but was really surprised to find the sensor kicked in and out long before I had to adjust anything (y)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I bought one of telescopic ladders a few months ago. Ideal for climbing up to clean the van roof. Only takes a minute to open or close and seems good enough quality and quite stable, well I haven't fallen off yet!

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We have both sizes of Dimplex cold watcher which come in 500 or 1000 watts and have reliable frost thermostats and I keep the larger one in the mh over the winter. They can stand upright or lying down and are covered by a cage so safe if anything falls on them.

We have the 500W Dimplex too - very good in my opinion.
However, despite it being caged, I do not think it would be safe if something inflamable, such as fabric, fell on it. In fact the instructions state that it must not be covered and needs a minimum 300mm gap above it.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I bought one of telescopic ladders a few months ago. Ideal for climbing up to clean the van roof. Only takes a minute to open or close and seems good enough quality and quite stable, well I haven't fallen off yet!

Paul
Hi I bought one of them as well, last year we had a Sahara dust storm when in Spain leaving a nice red van, the ladder came into good use that day. Pete
Ps
Big tip keep your fingers out of the way on closing OUCH

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I love the picture of the bloke in the suit standing on the ladder