Newbie (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi guy's

This is my first post on this forum , don't actually have a motorhome at the moment , have just sold my 50' narrowboat having spent 14yrs floating the system.

I haven't a clue about motorhomes so thought i'd join the forum and maybe you would be able to answer some of questions.

I have been looking at several motorhomes and one we quite like is a auto-trail tracker EKS 2.0 JTD whilst its not a big motorhome is the engine powerfull enough? would welcome your opinions on this model (hopefully someone will have this model)

there are probably many more questons like
best insurance
uk lists of sites etc etc ;but guess i can search the forum those answers

would be greatful for any advice

regards

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
It was a toss up with me whether to get a narrow boat , yacht or a motor-home. researching the subject i concluded that as i suffer from mal de mer a yacht was out of the question, so on to the narrow boat ! british waterways wanted so much money for various services that a brick built house would work out far cheaper !! Now for motor homes ! if you are happy with the bits and pieces and everything in it then step back and buy the next size up ! I looked at the tracker and ended up with the scout ! a decision that i have never regretted. My only regret is that i bought it at Brownhills, DONT GO THERE ! i now live in my MH full time and the savings on life are enormous, carpe diem and good luck ! just do it ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
It was a toss up with me whether to get a narrow boat , yacht or a motor-home. researching the subject i concluded that as i suffer from mal de mer a yacht was out of the question, so on to the narrow boat ! british waterways wanted so much money for various services that a brick built house would work out far cheaper !! Now for motor homes ! if you are happy with the bits and pieces and everything in it then step back and buy the next size up ! I looked at the tracker and ended up with the scout ! a decision that i have never regretted. My only regret is that i bought it at Brownhills, DONT GO THERE ! i now live in my MH full time and the savings on life are enormous, carpe diem and good luck ! just do it ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for your reply know what you mean about boating it was quite cheap when i first got my narrowboat ;but prices/mooring fees /license /ins has gone through the roof latest blow for narrowboaters is the increase in deisel to pump prices.

If i were to be a full timer i would certainly look for a bigger MH , I have looked at brownhills motorhomes , I take it you were not happy with their service

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi sinbad and welcome::bigsmile:

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Thanks for your warm welcome all, glad i came across this site ,no doubt there will be many questions ;but i guess we all have to start somewhere and i'm sure this forum will be a great help.

regards

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
2.0 JTD whilst its not a big motorhome is the engine powerfull enough? would be greatful for any advice
regards

We've a little Burstner 2.0JTD. It was poor up hills so we got it re-flashed now it's fine up hills.

Trouble is, if we use the new power we get 20mpg, so we approx follow the HGVs and get 25mpg instead.

Anyway, compared to boat, you'll think that you are holidaying in a Ferrari.

2 years ago we pondered, a boat on the Canal du Midi or a MH. Though we love the Canal the MH gives us much more flexibility. Both holidays have a lot of similarity. Next year we should be parked in the Sahara, now that would be some trick in a boat.

Brian.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back