oil filled radiator (1 Viewer)

speed080

Free Member
May 28, 2010
Funster No
Hi can anyone give advice please .....I have been offered a small beldrey oil filled radiator power off 600w,my question is ...as I have a 120w solar panel and two 110amp leisure batteries and a 1000w inverter would this sett up power the radiator even on a lower setting whilst the van is in the storage compound, without flattening and causing damage to my batteries over the few weeks I will not be able to use the van Am I right in thinking that once the heater has got to temp then power usage would be less .T van is a autotrail scout and many thanks in advance and a merry Christmas to you all

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Do you have guaranteed sunshine to top up the batteries? How much good light do we have in winter now 4-5 hours if we are lucky,
I would think the answer is probably negative.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
To put it into context. Your inverter will draw a good 55amps with losses whilst your solar might manage 1 amp at this time of year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi can anyone give advice please .....I have been offered a small beldrey oil filled radiator power off 600w,my question is ...as I have a 120w solar panel and two 110amp leisure batteries and a 1000w inverter would this sett up power the radiator even on a lower setting whilst the van is in the storage compound, without flattening and causing damage to my batteries over the few weeks I will not be able to use the van Am I right in thinking that once the heater has got to temp then power usage would be less .T van is a autotrail scout and many thanks in advance and a merry Christmas to you all

You might have 2 x 110 amp batteries, but you can only draw 50% before you will start killing the batteries without charge. That would give you perhaps 2.5 hours on the radiator, before they start getting below 50% charge. Then next day if you are lucky and the 120 watt panel gets direct sun light ( no possible in UK at this time of year), so you might get 1 or 2 amps for 4/5 hours thats around 10 amps back into your already depleted batteries......... They will not survive.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Sorry, NO!!! You will kill your batteries in no time.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
NO.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Why do you need to heat your van in storage
I just put my van to bed and nowhere in the manufacturers winterising instructions did it say anything about heating.
In simple terms they advised tuning on all the taps draining down the plumbing, drain the water pump, drain down the hot water boiler, open the cabinet doors.
I did think about leaving the water system filled and heating on, but decided that if the heating went off, the water system would freeze.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
In cold weather the heater would never turn off. It only does that when the "room" is up to temp and I'm afraid with the heat loss it just wouldn't happen. Drain down, open taps and cabinets.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry about the quick response ... a nice bowl of chocolate sponge cake and custard 'arrived' at the time I was posting! :LOL:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
From December 22 Lidl have these on sale.

SILVERCREST Convection Heater
£19.99*Each
  • 3 heat settings with 24-hour timer, fan setting and frost protection, which prevents room temperature from falling below 0°C
  • Max. 2000W
  • Operates silently and can be wall-mounted using included mounting materials
  • Size approx. (cm): H42 x W58 x D28
  • 3 year manufacturer's warranty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back