Tanger or Ceuta for Maroc? Which do you prefer and why? (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Hi planning to cross in a day or two. I hear that there is quite a difference between arriving in Morroco via the Spanish enclave of Ceuta and arriving in Tanger.

Anyone had experience of both what is the difference? Which do they prefer?

I am assuming that Carlos will sell tickets and arrange paperwork for both.

Thank you Dic

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
only been via tangier, the flies were horrendous and came back with a throat infection that lasted months. However how could you miss the casbar, market and tiny shops in the old quarter they were totally facinating.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Tangier Med...
Not the old Tangier port wildman, times have changed...

TM is brand new, only maybe 3 years old.. Very modern and out of town.
I read about Ceuta and it was putting me off a bit before we went on 2013, so going to TM was a real relief.. This is our dearly departed friends video, Mr Motorhome (Andrew) as we left the port coming back to Spain.. I have some footage somewhere and will have to upload it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have been to Ceuta many years ago and continued to Tetouan but not in a motorhome. The boat was full of Spaniards buying duty free TV's and the like and taking them back across.

I think the crossings to Tanger Med are more frequent due to it being a new freight terminal plus its location gets you a little further south and straight on to the motorway network.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Tangier med is the only one we have done and was easy under the watchful eye of tonka and andrew.
be there again in a week hopefully.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Tangier med is the only one we have done and was easy under the watchful eye of tonka and andrew.
be there again in a week hopefully.

Daz you do realise that you are the MHF front line correspondent and dependent upon the content of your daily reports back could well influence other peoples plans.

How soon do you intend getting down south say to Tiznit or Tafroute? I think the major roads will be ok, the problems you may encounter will be further south which is where the sunshine's supposed to be. Plus the only way you hear of road closures and problems in Maroc is on the grapevine. You can't depend on 'Sally Traffic' informing you on the radio.:eek:

Please keep us all updated(y)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why anyone would choose Ceuta against Tangier Med now is beyond me. You have all the hassle in Ceuta of getting through the gate with all the Africans trying to get into Ceuta. Tangier Med, drive up to the customs post, do your paperwork and onto the motorway. No brainer.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Daz you do realise that you are the MHF front line correspondent and dependent upon the content of your daily reports back could well influence other peoples plans.

How soon do you intend getting down south say to Tiznit or Tafroute? I think the major roads will be ok, the problems you may encounter will be further south which is where the sunshine's supposed to be. Plus the only way you hear of road closures and problems in Maroc is on the grapevine. You can't depend on 'Sally Traffic' informing you on the radio.:eek:

Please keep us all updated(y)

Current plan is anticlockwise thru Chefchouen(sp) and Fez to Merzouga for some heat then Tafroute and Taghazout before heading north.
But plans change.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Done Both and Tangier Med is the only way to go the other one is just so much more hassle .

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We did med in and out under guidance from Malcom Bolt and I must say it was painless both going in apart from my entry number on passport was unreadable but soon sorted and on exit it was a doddle

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Many thanks everyone, landed last night. Just for info. Tanger Med is a bit of a missnomer. It is actually about half way twixt Tanger and Ceuta. Also for info. get to port early. I got there 1pm for 2pm boat. didn't load til 4:30 all trucks and buses had to reverse on. The driver of the big coach with a large trailer didn't like that. By the time that formalities were completed the other end it was 6:30 and totally dark!

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back