Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can someone tell me what's going on with Fun please ... I'm getting a horrendous lag when trying to reply to threads ... as a touch typist its driving me nuts! o_O I thought it was because I've just done a complete re-install of the operating system on my laptop and have been setting it all back up today, but have now found out that it is just the Fun site that the problem occurs on.

Today the smilies disappeared and have now come back so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the server? :confused:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the keyboard lag resulting in odd letters only appearing forming gobbldy gook has been around for a while now, it comes and goes.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah I have the same with ipad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
the keyboard lag resulting in odd letters only appearing forming gobbldy gook has been around for a while now, it comes and goes.
Not the same, I can type quicker than it can 'print' on the screen but it does eventually catch up putting the letters in the order in which I typed them, although sometimes it loses the will to live and after a while stops showing anything! It has also stared to 'jump' up a few lines and then insert the text there which is even MORE annoying! It's only just started today hence why I thought it was to do with my laptop reinstalling, but it only happens on this site and I recall it also happens on my netbook too occasionally but again ONLY on this site.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Try clearing your cache

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well, being a one finger at a time typist I have no problems at all so all I can suggest is slow down dear it's not a race :rofl:
Not an option, my 'fingers' are hard wired to my brain, so as soon as a I think of something to type it's been tapped out already ... too many years as a PA taking direct dictation to the screen! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Try clearing your cache
Already ran crap cleaner about an hour ago ... it is ONLY this website which is affected no others so it HAS to be something to do with Fun. o_O

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not the same, I can type quicker than it can 'print' on the screen but it does eventually catch up putting the letters in the order in which I typed them, although sometimes it loses the will to live and after a while stops showing anything! It has also stared to 'jump' up a few lines and then insert the text there which is even MORE annoying! It's only just started today hence why I thought it was to do with my laptop reinstalling, but it only happens on this site and I recall it also happens on my netbook too occasionally but again ONLY on this site.
That's exactly what I get on ipad, sometimes can't get it to do anything and have to give up

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's exactly what I get on ipad, sometimes can't get it to do anything and have to give up
... well if you will use an APPLE product ... maybe mines been 'infected' with some sort of apple virus in revenge ... :LOL:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
... well if you will use an APPLE product ... maybe mines been 'infected' with some sort of apple virus in revenge ... :LOL:
In fact , only use ipad because I won it in a raffle, serious, before that I was dedicated android and still am with phones and other tablets, but it's ok used to it now.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've now changed to using Google Chrome and it seems to be okay now so it looks like it is something to do with how Fun relates to Firefox ... any ideas?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nothing I see this end would be causing the problem, I've just tried with FF Chrome and safari and everything appears to be OK. But I'm on the road and only have Macbook with me, so not tested on a Windows box. Server side issues normally affect everyone at once. The smileys disappeared for a few hours as I was getting things ready to add some Christmas smileys next week.:D Keep me posted if you continue to have problems and I'll get someone cleverer than me to take a look. (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Cordless Keyboard ? if so try new batteries - happened to me in the past ;)
... nope, I'm using my laptop's keyboard ...

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Bugger :LOL::LOL: maybe have some aliens inside your laptop then :LOL:
... probably some minions ... I just LOVE them ... :rolleyes:

minion 1.jpg

minion 2.jpg

minion 3.jpg

minion 4.jpg

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Can someone tell me what's going on with Fun please ... I'm getting a horrendous lag when trying to reply to threads ... as a touch typist its driving me nuts! o_O I thought it was because I've just done a complete re-install of the operating system on my
Can someone tell me what's going on with Fun please ... I'm getting a horrendous lag when trying to reply to threads ... as a touch typist its driving me nuts! o_O I thought it was because I've just done a complete re-install of the operating system on my laptop and have been setting it all back up today, but have now found out that it is just the Fun site that the problem occurs on.

Today the smilies disappeared and have now come back so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the server? :confused:

yes, happening to me every now and again, just wondering if it's got anything to do with an intermittent blip in the draft autosave, as it only happens on this site..

edit..after posting this reply, i tried earlier actually and it did the same then, the cursor kinda stuck and hadn't shown what i'd typed, when it 'free'd itself, i decided to wait and think about my answer before i replied and deleted everything in the reply window but as you can see above, not everything was deleted as the quotes have come up twice, but the top one only partially, although nothing showed in the window that the quote was already there, it was blank, which is why i quoted your post again minx, hope this reply makes sense..

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I tend to presume that all such things are down to me, it is nice to know I share at least this IT issue with others

Standard Google on my laptop, not always a problem, today is fine, but I don't type overly quickly anyway (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Same problem here Minx.... I type too quickly sometimes for the computer to keep up ... but then the problem clears for quite a while ... so it doesn't bother me too much. It will clear and then come back at some point and then clear again.. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I haven't suffered keyboard lag in Firefox on any web site or forum lately. It has happened sporadically in the past but not just in a browser. It has also happened when composing e-mails or using a word processing package.

I suspect some sort of task running in the background which isn't normally noticed - perhaps an automated backup or update check from Microsoft of the machine manufacturer.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I only use iPad on here and it does it to me about a quarter of posts I try to put up, had thought the ipad had gone wrong, and curseing it and threatened to bin it, glad you have all come up with the same problem really, saved me a bit of money(y):)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Happening on this Windows 7 netbook all the time. I never lose any characters - they just take a while to appear. I'm using Seamonkey, which is based on the Firefox/Gecko browser.

Edit: Just tried IE and it seems to be fine - not enough lag for you to be sitting there waiting for the words to appear.

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Same problem here Minx.... I type too quickly sometimes for the computer to keep up ... but then the problem clears for quite a while ... so it doesn't bother me too much. It will clear and then come back at some point and then clear again.. :)
Ha, see, it's your fault. I type so slowly I don't have any problems on my iPad :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I haven't suffered keyboard lag in Firefox on any web site or forum lately. It has happened sporadically in the past but not just in a browser. It has also happened when composing e-mails or using a word processing package.

I suspect some sort of task running in the background which isn't normally noticed - perhaps an automated backup or update check from Microsoft of the machine manufacturer.
If that was the case it would happen regardless of what browser I was using - I don't have anything doing any automatic downloads so nothing is sneakily downloading/updating and causing problems. My money's still on how FF relates to this site, it can be a bit funny when using the FF browser on Ebay too, but only in the sense that some of the icons are missing, not any keyboard lag. I'm using FF now and it's doing the same thing.

I imagine it's to do with FF not being totally compatible with all sites ... its funny how it's just started to happen since I did a new install of the operating system etc on my laptop so suspect it's one of the latest versions of FF/FF updates that's made the problem show up ... I'm off to open Chrome as this is doing my head in!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Right, I'm now on Chrome and it is working perfectly so it is DEFINITELY something to do with Firefox!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back