OBD Code reader / android app 2012 Fiat 3.0 (1 Viewer)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Is anyone using an android app to read 2012 fiat 3 litre. If so which app? Does it give live data as well as fault codes? As a laptop no longer travels with us am hoping to find android solution. 2nd best would be handheld code reader that works. Any suggestions as to which model covers it. Please dont tell me all OBD readers are compatible, my current reader looks at codes but no live data. In either case can you read just the engine or does it work on body etc, do you need extra leads to connect or does 1 lead do it all? Any help appreciated, thanks, Martin ( SandraLs other 1/4).

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
torque pro is the android app your looking for and no leads required just buy a bluetooth transmitter that plugs in to you OBD socket on your van.and yes it does live data.
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You generally find its only very expensive, pro readers which read body ad brake codes.

The £20/£30 ebay type offerings only read engine codes.

Something like this bluetooth one (in the link) and Torque (free) or Torque pro (paid for) app for android phones and tablets.

Broken Link Removed

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
cant help with what will work on your vehicle in terms of live data, but think the only thing you will be able to view with an obd tool is the power train side of things...if you want abs, and other functions the reader will have to have some fiat related files installed..
I had a sealey hand held reader that I was able to install a ford file on for my transit and could view live data, and because the van is an 08 the obd side of it worked for the engine as well..
I use the ford transit forum for this type help, im sure there will be a similar forum for fiat you might try..
best of luck...ta andy

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
OP
OP
S

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Many thanks for taking time to reply. As you are all agreed will be off to ebay for the bluetooth transmitter and then the Torque software, I see you can even try the Torque basic system for free before upgrading to full system.
If I can have code read and reset plus some live data from engine that will do me.
Thanks again, Martin

OP
OP
S

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Sorry its been a while,
I have purchased ebay bluetooth elm 327 lookalike for under £6 and Touchscan android software for under £4, tried for torquepro but couldnt find it on amazon. Using hudl android tablet to do the deed.
Today finally connected it to 2012/13 fiat euro 5, 3litre on tickover results were
Barometric pressure 14.79 psi
Accelerator Position D 20%
Accelerator Position E 9.8%
Scan tool volts 14.2v
Vehicle speed 0 mph
MAF rate 3.9lb per min
Calc load value 19.22%
Engine Coolant Temp 71.6 deg F
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure 14.65 psi
RPM 802rpm
Distance with MIL activated 0 miles
Fuel Rail Pressure 5304 psi
Commanded EGR 0% ( rises on overun)
Fuel level injected 0%
Units can be changed to metric.
It has freeze frame facility, fault code read and reset( not tried) and also can draw graphs, but dont understand how to choose which ones.
Will do plenty for me at £10 total ( plus bluetooth android tablet)

Regards Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back