Small Problem with Opera web browser... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Follow the wise words on the Funsters web site I have just downloaded and checked out the Opera browser.

It looks cool and there is that joyous feeling of slipping out of the grasp of Mr W. Gates ever so slightly but...

...having saved up all those pennies and purchasing the very latest (black and sexy) Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN (ok I admit I am a sad, brand driven, gadget freak but it is perfect for van dwelling) I discover that the finger print recognition system does not work with Opera and I have to revert to typing in my username and password!!! What is the point of it all I ask? :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Follow the wise words on the Funsters web site I have just downloaded and checked out the Opera browser.

It looks cool and there is that joyous feeling of slipping out of the grasp of Mr W. Gates ever so slightly but...

...having saved up all those pennies and purchasing the very latest (black and sexy) Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN (ok I admit I am a sad, brand driven, gadget freak but it is perfect for van dwelling) I discover that the finger print recognition system does not work with Opera and I have to revert to typing in my username and password!!! What is the point of it all I ask? :)

Hi

I have the same lappy:thumb:

The finger print recognition ONLY works with IE

it doesn't work with Firefox either :Sad:

Another point, Sony downloads and upgrades only work on IE, so doen't uninstall it ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Scotjimland... but isn't it a beautiful laptop?

Have you dropped yours yet? It is meant to withstand falling from desk height... haven't tried that yet... do you want to? :) (not with mine... with yours!)

PS. Thanks for the Sony download information...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Scotjimland... but isn't it a beautiful laptop?

Have you dropped yours yet? It is meant to withstand falling from desk height... haven't tried that yet... do you want to? :) (not with mine... with yours!)

I've had mine for 10 months, yes, it's a great little lappy .. but it went back for a new hard drive last month .. Sony support is great, I had it back in five working days..

Likes..

Size, portability, quality, screen, connectivity, battery life, Sony support, and it is sexy .. nearly as much as my Mac ..

Dislikes

Only two USB ports.. ok, it's meant to be an ultra portable so it normally wouldn't need more, but for desk top use it's a bind ..

Not great for Adobe photo work due to slow processor speed and small screen , the Mac
wins on this hands down, but again, it's built for portability.. not desk top.

Cost.. there are several other equally good ultra portables that are cheaper, for the same money I could have a new Mac power book ..

Vista ... nuff said .. I much prefer Mac OS X

Summing up

If portability, connectivity, long battery life are paramount then I'd rate it 7/10

If you use mostly as a desk top replacement.. 4/10

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back