Caravan Club Booking today (1 Viewer)

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Anyone got lucky today, I managed to get in eventually but all the mid-year weekend bookings for York Rowntree had gone:crying:.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone got lucky today, I managed to get in eventually but all the mid-year weekend bookings for York Rowntree had gone:crying:.
We have managed to get in to Rowntree Park several times in the past by contacting the site direct. They will often take your booking even when the computer says they are full.(y)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have managed to get in to Rowntree Park several times in the past by contacting the site direct. They will often take your booking even when the computer says they are full.(y)

We have also found this, its worth a phone call, because I think they save pitches for passing traffic.
When we stayed they not only gave us a pitch, but also a motorhome from Switzerland and a Dutchman, although computer says full. Bob.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Di was busy on the computer from 9am this morning and she managed to book everything we wanted for next years Spring and Summer weekend breaks.
Visits to Stover, Minehead, Baltic Wharf, Merrose Farm, Godrevy, Trewethett Farm, Steamer Quay, Ilminster, Malvern Hills, Haycraft, Putts Corner and St. Agnes Beacon. A total of 57 nights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
made six bookings, all relatively easily. They are not necessarily the cheapest or even the best, but I do like the convenience of Crystal Palace and the beauty of Hawes. As usual Rowntree is fully booked at the weekends and is always booked solid. I believe that the best caravan site in York is the York caravan park at Ivy house farm with bus stops outside the site making the north east coast at Whitby and Scarborough easily accessible

OP
OP
vin0114
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
:clap2:
Yes Hebden bridge first weekend but it took several attempts, website is very glitchy
Yes, when checking my bookings there are still a couple awaiting confirmation? maybe down to the fact that when I was on there had already been 30.000 bookings made:sick:
The big question is, how many bookings will be taken up ?
Agree, always the case year in year out. I did write to CC last year complaining of 'no shows' and their spineless attempts to prevent these as they were doing very well thank you so nettle grasping out of the question but money-grabbing no problem. I also complained of awning pitches being not available even when pre-booked even though several awning pitches were taken but no awning erected. I said that the then booking procedure was at fault offering pitches with awnings first followed by non awning pitches and hey bloody presto they listened :clap2:
We have managed to get in to Rowntree Park several times in the past by contacting the site direct. They will often take your booking even when the computer says they are full.
not tried that one yet except for the late bookings available page. What's really annoying is that non-members manage to get onto Rowntree on the weekends. I did mention this when I wrote to CC.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I also complained of awning pitches being not available even when pre-booked even though several awning pitches were taken but no awning erected.

Sorry but I always book an awning pitch so that we've got room to tie the dog out and use wind-out if it's not too windy.

OP
OP
vin0114
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Di was busy on the computer from 9am this morning and she managed to book everything we wanted for next years Spring and Summer weekend breaks.
Visits to Stover, Minehead, Baltic Wharf, Merrose Farm, Godrevy, Trewethett Farm, Steamer Quay, Ilminster, Malvern Hills, Haycraft, Putts Corner and St. Agnes Beacon. A total of 57 nights.
Only booked 4 CC visits as we're already going to 11 fun meets and shows around 60nights:):):)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Baltic Wharf?? isn't that site being handed back to the council as the lease was running out and the council wouldn't renew it. We signed the petition asking that they keep it open and are they?

OP
OP
vin0114
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
quote; Janine Sorry but I always book an awning pitch so that we've got room to tie the dog out and use wind-out if it's not too windy.

understand that, its the people who book awning pitches that don't require them:cool:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Baltic Wharf?? isn't that site being handed back to the council as the lease was running out and the council wouldn't renew it. We signed the petition asking that they keep it open and are they?
The council have extended the lease of the site until at least the summer.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Yes it is - they are keeping it open until at least August 2015 so plenty of time to persuade them to change their minds. We'll be there next week :)

OP
OP
vin0114
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
I believe that there was a hold up to the proposed plans so the Council allowed it to stay open temporarily.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Good news. I understand a number of near businesses have complained about it being closed particularly the nearby pub and restaurant as they get quite a few CC Members coming in for a drink and a meal AND in season its almost impossible to get a late booking

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Got what we needed but was sat there bang on 9 it took 10 minutes after repeated attempts to get in

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
Managed to book Baltic wharf for the balloon festival 7th- 10th August, tried to book in previous years but always been unsuccessful so looking forward to seeing this event

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry but I always book an awning pitch so that we've got room to tie the dog out and use wind-out if it's not too windy.
I also ways book an awning pitch too, some time I put the awing out some times I don't, thats just the way it is. Oh by the way book Durham Grange for 4 nights in May. ( awing pitch ) :)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
caravan club, awning pitches, booking 12 months ahead, have I signed into the wrong forum. Why isn't our phone ringing with bookings, nothing booked yet.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Managed to get into Rowntree York in June so looking forward to that. Didn't manage the Harbour Festival at Baltic Wharf though but will keep looking. Also booked Chapel Lane for next years NEC show. Didn't get on the site until 9.30am finger a bit sore!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
quote; Janine Sorry but I always book an awning pitch so that we've got room to tie the dog out and use wind-out if it's not too windy.

understand that, its the people who book awning pitches that don't require them:cool:

we will always book an awning pitch in future, they are the same price as non awning, and from our own bad experience the non awnings are often the odd shaped corner pitches, barely room to get on to let alone put a chair out without being on the road

if the CC discounted these lesser (non awning pitches) the take up would be better (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We've been using cl's with the caravan the last few years but gone back to club sites while we're getting used to the mh.

We were at Black Knowl a week or two ago, no probs just pick a pitch - however we've come up to Castleton, I booked an awning pitch but when Les went in the office he was told we could only have a pitch with a white peg??? There's quite a few on site (lots got xmas decs:eek:) - what's that all about please??

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
White peg is an awning pitch
Blue is non awning
Purple is seasonal

The warden has told you that you can only have a white peg, this is what you asked for. Some people book non awning because if they have been before as with Hebden Bridge for example some of the Blue peg pitches are better placed. So you can't just change your mind

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
we have booked 5 nights at the Edinburgh CC site and 6 nights at Bunree CC site in August(y).tomorrow we are going to book 7nights at Henley next so its all good.(y)
Brian & Jo

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Blue is non awning
Purple is seasonal

I didn't know that. Some logic at last.

Brian

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Blue is non awning
Purple is seasonal

The warden has told you that you can only have a white peg, this is what you asked for. Some people book non awning because if they have been before as with Hebden Bridge for example some of the Blue peg pitches are better placed. So you can't just change your mind

Thanks - seems to go against the clubs 'pick your pitch' ethos as this must benefit others that know the site, can't see the point but hopefully we won't be using them for much longer:)

We've walked round the site with the dogs, can't see what the difference is, I will go and ask tomorrow though and why is it only applicable to some sites?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No it doesn't Debs, it is exactly that. You booked an awning pitch so you had the pick of the white pegs.
How would it be if a person who booked a non awning pitch found there were not any left because another member stole their booking.

Not all sites have awning and non awning.
All sites have downloadable site plans

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Consider this
Not everyone has the same perception of what is a good or a bad pitch.
Most tuggers want awning space, I don't care either way.
Tuggers rarely have satellite so don't consider trees.
The CC cannot possibly grade each pitch according to desireability as it is different for each user.
Some pitches are nearer to a road and traffic noise, personal experience of a site can influence where you want to be next time but that is not a blame to be put on the CC IMHO

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back