Urgent please - pump/water problem (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Can anyone help please? We are supposed to be leaving at lunchtime. Just getting ready

We drained the system for the first time the other day.

We've closed the taps & refilled the system. We've just opened the taps to check it started to drain but can't hear/see any water, display is showing 20% fresh water.

The shurflo water pump doesn't seem to be working (as in can't hear it), also there is no light on the thetford loo if you press the flush.

We have lights and the battery is reading 13.7v
The pump fuse seems ok.

We have no idea what else to try......can anyone help please?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like you switched the pump off

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Wondering is there is in fact any water got into the boiler as the book says the temp has to be over 10degrees for the valve to close and it feels colder than that. Just trying with a fan heater

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Might be stating the obvious - sorry if it is - but are you sure everything is switched on? On my van there are 3 switches (master on / off at the control unit itself, master on / off on the switch panel and the pump master switch.) All need to be on.

Is the drain valve on the boiler closed? In this cold weather it could be open.

If all of these are ok, again on my van sometimes it takes a few minutes with the taps left open for the water level to reach the pump when first filled.

Your van may be different but the light on my thetford loo only comes on when its full, not when you flush.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Debs, have a look at this Q&A:
Broken Link Removed
I know you don't have the same problem as this person but there's a link to a manual & also a name to contact

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks everyone - cwh, can't get the link to work?

Please state the obvious, we are still newbies (only 5th trip out).

Just been to fuel up and hope it sorted itself out by the time we got back but it hasn't. The loo has an electric flush, the switch normally lights up, didn't mean the full button lol.

Yes, 12v is def on.

We have decided to go anyway, it's just an hour, up to the peak district and see if we can manage and get it sorted up there. Les has got a blood donor appt at 1, we'll go after that.

Thanks motorhomer, I'll have a read.

Don't understand though, Les tried turning the tap to drain again but no water came through......

Oh the joys

Again, thanks everyone

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
cwh, can't get the link to work?
No I can't get it from the post either! I googled "schaudt d220 control panel" & 3rd hit was
Broken Link Removed
Clicked on this & got to the Q&A.
I think I've attached the responses... doesn't seem to look like my other attachments did though...

In case this still doesn't work, 2 replies suggest contacting Udo Lang at Schaudt - "very helpful and speaks English"

Attachments

• How can I reset my control panel display.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 25

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the book says the temp has to be over 10degrees for the valve to close

Just the opposite here, the valve opens when it gets cold and has to be manually pulled up to reset it. That's why we often resort to a clothes peg on it.

We also have a water pump switch, for safety/fault reasons surely all have a way to turn the pump off in case of a split pipe or faulty tap.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can anyone help please? We are supposed to be leaving at lunchtime. Just getting ready

We've closed the taps & refilled the system. We've just opened the taps to check it started to drain but can't hear/see any water, display is showing 20% fresh water.

The shurflo water pump doesn't seem to be working (as in can't hear it), also there is no light on the thetford loo if you press the flush.

We have lights and the battery is reading 13.7v
The pump fuse seems ok.

We have no idea what else to try......can anyone help please?
No power then ... if there isn't a switch then possibly a fuse has gone pop. You DID have the control panel turned on didn't you and the water button pressed to 'on'?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the reason the link doesnt work is because links to the other forum are not allowed for long standing reasons

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
oh and non members cannot access downloads over there either. it is there to make money at the end of the day so I can understand why they insist you pay membership to gain any benefit

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
links to the other forum are not allowed ... non members cannot access downloads over there either
that makes sense, hadn't realised I was breaching "forum etiquette" - thanks for the heads-up TB1

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's

We've closed the taps & refilled the system.......
can anyone help please?
When filling your system from empty you must open all your taps first to the 'hot' position other wise you will create airlocks which I think you've got. If you have no switch to turn the pump on then the open taps must start the pump. You may have to start again by dumping the water that's in.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
You could try turning the pumps & taps on and then suck water through the tap - you may find that the pumps kick in when they sense water resistance or the airlocks are removed. It is a long shot but ours stopped working following a drain down and only worked when the airlock was removed. The difference was that our pump was trying to work (I could feel vibrations on it and just about hear it) but no water came through the taps.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Another thing to try that has caught me before. If your boiler has a low temperature automatic dump valve thingy make sure it hasn't operated and needs resetting. If so whenever the pump runs it will try and fill the boiler first which will then proceed to dump the water straight out. It's worth checking (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Debs, have a look at this Q&A:
http://The Dark Side/ftoptitle-176274-how-can-i-reset-my-control-panel-display-schaudt-dt220b.html
I know you don't have the same problem as this person but there's a link to a manual & also a name to contact
This is the closing post from CWH link (easy if you know how to find it) and maybe you can scroll through the control panel menu until you find "pump"
Following the instruction It may have a pump on and off function within the menu.

(QUOTE)

Thanks everybody for their advice and as posted above the problem is now solved. I had a very prompt response from Schaudt with the following information (not included in my operating manual) which may help anybody with a similar problem:
1) switch on the panel by pressing the 12v button
2)press the main button (clock symbol) as many times as necessary to change the display to clock (in this case 'pump')
3)press the main button (clock symbol) again and keep it pressed until the background light switches off. (In this case 'pump on / off')

I suspect that you can use a similar method to change the default display to any of the other readings that the main clock button displays.

(UN-QUOTE)

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi - many, many thanks everyone......greatly appreciated.

TB1 was correct - we had turned the pump off although we didn't realise it.

For anyone needing it for future help-

The schaudt panel has a 'button' with a pic of tank, pressing this scrolls through the fresh/waste water level. However, if you press 'ok' when the display is lit it will turn the pump off/on. Doesn't actually tell you on/off though.

If I'm reading the book right it's an optional function. I think you can only tell if you have this option if you get a 'tap' displaying on the panel.

The caravan was alot easier - had a button for master/awning light/pump/lights lol.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
.... as a funster you'll find that you often have to press some 'little buttons' on here!!!! :D

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Somebody opened a bottle? Thats a good idea, think we will join you...
Allan
Hope you've got your own because there's non left in ours:crying:
Spose I could open tomorrows(y) Or put the kettle on for a cuppa :)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I can't remember a MH trip where something unusual hasn't gone wrong at some point. Last time the windscreen started to crack. We get by.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back