Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Who on earth invented greaseproof envelopes for cards!? Oh Please!! :doh:
I have been given the job of writing christmas cards, much to my dismay, and 'er indoors bought a multitude from M and S, and, i write the name and address on the envelope, only for it to disappear five minutes later! What is the point!? WHAT IS THE POINT !!! :swear2:

Craig

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I've had those before Craig.
The only thing that seems to write on them is those silver or gold fibre tipped pens. They are a PITA.

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
PITA? What, as in bread?
I aint got no silver or gold fibre tipped pens, who do you think i am? A stationer? I write my cards with my calligraphy pen, so it looks nice. But, trying to write on this $hite made from old IZAL toilet paper is too much. :swear2:

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I print address labels from a database I have on the computer, get wrong of the wife, she says it's impersonal, but it saves a hell of a lot of time and nobody gets missed. Just have to make sure data is up to date, as I get older, less and less to send:cry:

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Email all your Christmas cards and use the envelopes to line your christmas cake tins!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Now that's not a bad idea! I mean, these cards were not cheap! £1.20 for fourty!

Craig

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I don't send cards and have advised all friends and families that a donation is made to the local hospice in lieu.
IMHO the sending of cards has got out of hand especially to neighbours etc who I see every day, pointless when I can wish them seasons greetings in person. Cost of postage etc is rediculous and I much prefer to donate to a charity or similar.

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
You obviously bought them at m&s in liverpool:rofl:
Yesterday
No chance! I don't buy anything unless i need it! I need christmas cards, li
I don't send cards and have advised all friends and families that a donation is made to the local hospice in lieu.
IMHO the sending of cards has got out of hand especially to neighbours etc who I see every day, pointless when I can wish them seasons greetings in person. Cost of postage etc is rediculous and I much prefer to donate to a charity or similar.
We stopped giving cards a few years ago, then slowly it has crept back in. Just a select few, so Mo won't be getting one. Usually they are close family in England, America, and South Africa. Neighbours can go take a jump........:swear2:

Craig

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I print address labels from a database I have on the computer, get wrong of the wife, she says it's impersonal, but it saves a hell of a lot of time and nobody gets missed. Just have to make sure data is up to date, as I get older, less and less to send:cry:
How do you stick the labels to greaseproof envolopes ? ;) :D

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I bought a load of white rectangular stickers after having the same problem last year. Not sending cards this year so now have a large batch of white rectangular stickers if anyone wants some.... Christmas!!! Bah. Humbug! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back