Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
upload_2014-11-29_15-35-56.png

Having problems with computer on MHF.. some posts have disappeared .. Also keep getting the message that webpage not available when I click onto the next page of a thread. I had received another message that Java update was overdue so I thought maybe this may be causing the problem and so I pressed continue with the update.

Then the above message came up .. I havn't a clue about computers. What does it mean please in simple language ... how do I check whether my 'proxy whatsit etc is set correctly.' ?

Your help would be appreciated but in very plain language. Thank you.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I'm not VERY techy but as far as I understand it (which isn't very far at all), if you have Windows XP or you use Explorer 8 (which are now considered out-of-date & no longer supported by Windows) this may stop your computer from updating Java, which you need. I think this would mean also that your security is compromised. I think THIS means that you'd need to update.

I expect that now the rugby has finished, somebody will be along soon to tell me I'm talking out of Tootles' trumpet.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You don't actually need the Java plug-in Joy so just click on OK and carry on.

I still reckon you should dump Chrome and move to Firefox though :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The answer seems to be here, the install offline option would seem best.
Broken Link Removed
I would recommend you install the java update as some of these updates fix security issues. I doubt the update has anything to do with what browser you use. I use IE most of the time but chrome is better for a few things, translation particularly.
Why the Internet connection is causing the problem is a different matter and not one I can help on. Sorry.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I expect that now the rugby has finished, somebody will be along soon to tell me I'm talking out of Tootles' trumpet

Told you!!! ::bigsmile:

[am I allowed to QUOTE myself?]

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm watching Strictly! The ladies are better looking than the rugby players.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CWH
OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The answer seems to be here, the install offline option would seem best.
Broken Link Removed
I would recommend you install the java update as some of these updates fix security issues. I doubt the update has anything to do with what browser you use. I use IE most of the time but chrome is better for a few things, translation particularly.
Why the Internet connection is causing the problem is a different matter and not one I can help on. Sorry.
Thank you. Will work my way through that this week .. appreciate your help... Migraine today so struggling like mad looking at the screen .. in fact, logging off now but will do that asap.. Thank you.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back